Reason for appeal

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Reason for appeal

Postby notsoks » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:21 am

What are some valid reasons for appeal to school (not moe) that the school will accept/consider? DD wishes to get into this school but t-score didnt meet COP.

notsoks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Reason for appeal

Postby apple juice lover » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:18 pm

notsoks wrote:What are some valid reasons for appeal to school (not moe) that the school will accept/consider? DD wishes to get into this school but t-score didnt meet COP.


hello!

okay, i appealed in to a school and now im in there. but my school is an moe school. some valid reasons could be like distance, school has good rep, values are good, help in nurturing your child's talents further.

hope this helps!

apple juice lover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Reason for appeal

Postby Mum Needs Advice » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:59 pm

I happen to read this post so want to contribute that if a child has learning disorders, and has been posted with a school who does not support special learning needs like attention deficit Dyslexia or other learning disorder ( name the Mild SEN in PSLE Booklet given by MOE ) . Other reasons are for health
kidney problems and handicapped children.

read this extract from MOE PSLE booklet

Students with PD or mild SEN who are not posted to an appropriate-resourced school listed above may apply for a transfer. Such students should first report at the secondary school that they were posted to on the next working
day after the release of posting results, and apply for school transfer there. All applications must be accompanied with the relevant supporting documents, as follows:

a. PD - An assessment of the student’s condition and needs from a qualified medical professional. It should clearly describe the extent of disability (e.g. temporary, permanent) and the type of assistive
device that the child is currently using (e.g. wheelchair, crutches).

b. Mild SEN - A comprehensive report written by a relevant professional (e.g. psychologist, speech and language therapist). It should indicate the nature of the disability with supporting evidence for the
diagnosis and provide clear description of the student’s current functioning and limitations, together with recommendations for support and intervention. Other documents may include a school report from the student’s primary school providing additional background to his/her condition and any other
relevant documents. MOE will consider appeals for transfer to a school resourced to support mild SEN only if that school is included as one of the student’s original choice of secondary school.

Mum Needs Advice
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Reason for appeal

Postby notsoks » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 pm

apple juice lover wrote:
notsoks wrote:What are some valid reasons for appeal to school (not moe) that the school will accept/consider? DD wishes to get into this school but t-score didnt meet COP.


hello!

okay, i appealed in to a school and now im in there. but my school is an moe school. some valid reasons could be like distance, school has good rep, values are good, help in nurturing your child's talents further.

hope this helps!


Thanks for the info. :wink:

notsoks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Reason for appeal

Postby notsoks » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Mum Needs Advice wrote:I happen to read this post so want to contribute that if a child has learning disorders, and has been posted with a school who does not support special learning needs like attention deficit Dyslexia or other learning disorder ( name the Mild SEN in PSLE Booklet given by MOE ) . Other reasons are for health
kidney problems and handicapped children.

read this extract from MOE PSLE booklet

Students with PD or mild SEN who are not posted to an appropriate-resourced school listed above may apply for a transfer. Such students should first report at the secondary school that they were posted to on the next working
day after the release of posting results, and apply for school transfer there. All applications must be accompanied with the relevant supporting documents, as follows:

a. PD - An assessment of the student’s condition and needs from a qualified medical professional. It should clearly describe the extent of disability (e.g. temporary, permanent) and the type of assistive
device that the child is currently using (e.g. wheelchair, crutches).

b. Mild SEN - A comprehensive report written by a relevant professional (e.g. psychologist, speech and language therapist). It should indicate the nature of the disability with supporting evidence for the
diagnosis and provide clear description of the student’s current functioning and limitations, together with recommendations for support and intervention. Other documents may include a school report from the student’s primary school providing additional background to his/her condition and any other
relevant documents. MOE will consider appeals for transfer to a school resourced to support mild SEN only if that school is included as one of the student’s original choice of secondary school.



Thanks for the info. Besides medical reasons, what other reasons are acceptable? Any idea?

notsoks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 pm
Total Likes: 0




Return to Secondary Schools - Selection