HELP Reply As Soon As Possible Its Emergency..Very Important

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

HELP Reply As Soon As Possible Its Emergency..Very Important

Postby JulianLuvsGreen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 am

:?: I scored 238 for PSLE & I've been wanting to go St Margaret but I'm short of 3 marks.I think its too risky to put it as 1st choice as I think I'll not be able to get in after appealing.I decided to put Fairfield as 1st choice because I'm only short of a mark and I think my chances are quite high to get in after appealing.Should I put Fairfield 1st choice or 2nd choice because if I don't manage to get into St Margaret,the chances of getting into Fairfield will be quite low because my T-score did not met these two schools.For example:If someone also get 238 and he/she put Fairfield as 1st choice while I put Fairfield as 2nd choice,will he/she have a better chance of getting into Fairfield,because he/she put Fairfield as his/her 1st choice??!I really need advice on this so should I risk and put St Margaret as 1st choice or I should just put Fairfield as 1st choice??Do they look at where you put their school at(1st choice,2nd choice,3rd choice) or they look at your results,CCA??Please reply as soon as possible because I need to submit my secondary school choices by Wednesday night.Thanks :smile:
P.S.Is it possible to get into St Margaret by appealing??My friend got 232 and she's appealing though she's short of 9 marks. :siao:

JulianLuvsGreen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: HELP Reply As Soon As Possible Its Emergency..Very Impor

Postby xavnme » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:42 am

short of 3 points ...go for it, worth a try.

xavnme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: HELP Reply As Soon As Possible Its Emergency..Very Impor

Postby kwcllf » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 am

JulianLuvsGreen wrote::?: I scored 238 for PSLE & I've been wanting to go St Margaret but I'm short of 3 marks.I think its too risky to put it as 1st choice as I think I'll not be able to get in after appealing.I decided to put Fairfield as 1st choice because I'm only short of a mark and I think my chances are quite high to get in after appealing.Should I put Fairfield 1st choice or 2nd choice because if I don't manage to get into St Margaret,the chances of getting into Fairfield will be quite low because my T-score did not met these two schools.For example:If someone also get 238 and he/she put Fairfield as 1st choice while I put Fairfield as 2nd choice,will he/she have a better chance of getting into Fairfield,because he/she put Fairfield as his/her 1st choice??!I really need advice on this so should I risk and put St Margaret as 1st choice or I should just put Fairfield as 1st choice??Do they look at where you put their school at(1st choice,2nd choice,3rd choice) or they look at your results,CCA??Please reply as soon as possible because I need to submit my secondary school choices by Wednesday night.Thanks :smile:
P.S.Is it possible to get into St Margaret by appealing??My friend got 232 and she's appealing though she's short of 9 marks. :siao:

YES! Go for St Margaret. Last year's COP is higher due to Dragon Year effect. This year T-Score is expected to be lower due to a much easier PSLE exam. All in all, maybe T-Score may be down by 5-6 points on average (just my guesstimate) compared to last year.

So, 3 points lower from last year's COP should not deter you from applying for St Margaret.

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection