HELP Reply As Soon As Possible..Very Important Its Emergency

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

HELP Reply As Soon As Possible..Very Important Its Emergency

Postby JulianLuvsGreen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:24 am

I scored 238 for PSLE & I've been wanting to go St Margaret but I'm short of 3 marks.I think its too risky to put it as 1st choice as I think I'll not be able to get in after appealing.I decided to put Fairfield as 1st choice because I'm only short of a mark and I think my chances are quite high to get in after appealing.Should I put Fairfield 1st choice or 2nd choice because if I don't manage to get into St Margaret,the chances of getting into Fairfield will be quite low because my T-score did not met these two schools.For example:If someone also get 238 and he/she put Fairfield as 1st choice while I put Fairfield as 2nd choice,will he/she have a better chance of getting into Fairfield,because he/she put Fairfield as his/her 1st choice??!I really need advice on this so should I risk and put St Margaret as 1st choice or I should just put Fairfield as 1st choice??Do they look at where you put their school at(1st choice,2nd choice,3rd choice) or they look at your results,CCA??Please reply as soon as possible because I need to submit my secondary school choices by Wednesday night.Thanks :smile:
P.S.Is it possible to get into St Margaret by appealing??My friend got 232 and she's appealing though she's short of 9 marks. :siao:

JulianLuvsGreen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: HELP Reply As Soon As Possible..Very Important Its Emerg

Postby lexis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 am

if you really want St Margaret's, put it as first choice.

The S1 posting system goes by Merit. If both you and another candidate score 238, and you put FMSS as your 2nd choice and she as her first choice, the system will drill down to the decimal points and see which one of you ranks higher.

Eg. If you put FMSS as your 2nd choice but your score is say, 238.99945, and hers is 238.123545, you will still get FMSS altho she put hers as 1st. If there is another competing candidate who put FMSS as her 4th choice, but scored 240, she will get it before either of you, cos her T-score is higher although she put FMSS as 4th choice.

However, the sequencing of schools MAY affect your chances if you need to appeal. Some schools prefer it if you indicate them as your first choice, but to others, it doesn't matter.

Good luck!

lexis
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: HELP Reply As Soon As Possible..Very Important Its Emerg

Postby engp2040 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:39 am

lexis wrote:if you really want St Margaret's, put it as first choice.

The S1 posting system goes by Merit. If both you and another candidate score 238, and you put FMSS as your 2nd choice and she as her first choice, the system will drill down to the decimal points and see which one of you ranks higher.

Eg. If you put FMSS as your 2nd choice but your score is say, 238.99945, and hers is 238.123545, you will still get FMSS altho she put hers as 1st. If there is another competing candidate who put FMSS as her 4th choice, but scored 240, she will get it before either of you, cos her T-score is higher although she put FMSS as 4th choice.

However, the sequencing of schools MAY affect your chances if you need to appeal. Some schools prefer it if you indicate them as your first choice, but to others, it doesn't matter.

Good luck!

lexis, you made a very good point here with respects to S1 posting system. Thanks for sharing.

engp2040
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection