Beatty and Pierce Secondary School

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Beatty and Pierce Secondary School

Postby CEmom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi,

My son scored 212. Would appreciate if anyone can provide info on these two school. How is their study environment? Are they strict on discipline? How abt their academic performance? Thanks

CEmom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Beatty and Pierce Secondary School

Postby CHC123 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:37 am

CEmom wrote:Hi,

My son scored 212. Would appreciate if anyone can provide info on these two school. How is their study environment? Are they strict on discipline? How abt their academic performance? Thanks

Hi, did your child get into any of this school? I am considering these two school as well. Thanks. How is their environment like and which is better?

CHC123
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby imtsl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:46 am

I'm an ex-beattyian. Beatty is a slightly above average neighborhood school. That being said, a neighborhood school would definitely have some 'ah beng' students, but mostly would be in the behind classes. If you're entering beatty, by sec 2's streaming, do well and aim for the front classes, the studying environment would be better. At my time, discipline is strict as they regularly check student's hair length, uniform length, and they have some rather fierce teachers who would be enforcing such school rules.

imtsl
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby CHC123 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:57 pm

imtsl wrote:I'm an ex-beattyian. Beatty is a slightly above average neighborhood school. That being said, a neighborhood school would definitely have some 'ah beng' students, but mostly would be in the behind classes. If you're entering beatty, by sec 2's streaming, do well and aim for the front classes, the studying environment would be better. At my time, discipline is strict as they regularly check student's hair length, uniform length, and they have some rather fierce teachers who would be enforcing such school rules.

How about NA?

CHC123
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby imtsl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 pm

CHC123 wrote:
imtsl wrote:I'm an ex-beattyian. Beatty is a slightly above average neighborhood school. That being said, a neighborhood school would definitely have some 'ah beng' students, but mostly would be in the behind classes. If you're entering beatty, by sec 2's streaming, do well and aim for the front classes, the studying environment would be better. At my time, discipline is strict as they regularly check student's hair length, uniform length, and they have some rather fierce teachers who would be enforcing such school rules.

How about NA?

I'm not sure about NA.. only knew about express stream.

imtsl
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection