DSA 2015

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.
Post Reply
The Gummy Bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 04,

Re: DSA 2015

Post by The Gummy Bear » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:15 am

Hi There! I'm a primary 6 student going to secondary nest year...I've recently started to write about my dsa at two schools, RGs and NUSH as well as psle 2014...you can view it here! http://theextraordinarylifeofanordinary ... press.com/ thanks!:) and hope my info helps the 2015 dsa kids!
Good luck! :rahrah:
The awesome gummy bear :smile:

Oh My Gosh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1280
Joined: Wed Dec 28,
Total Likes:20

Re: DSA 2015

Post by Oh My Gosh » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:19 am

The Gummy Bear wrote:Hi There! I'm a primary 6 student going to secondary nest year...I've recently started to write about my dsa at two schools, RGs and NUSH as well as psle 2014...you can view it here! http://theextraordinarylifeofanordinary ... press.com/ thanks!:) and hope my info helps the 2015 dsa kids!
Good luck! :rahrah:
The awesome gummy bear :smile:
Cant get into your website.

dagong99
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue Oct 04,
Total Likes:7

Re: DSA 2015

Post by dagong99 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

https://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPo ... 07329&CWT=

Found this "Direct School Admission (DSA) Interview Skills" under PA, didn't know our PA also conduct such programme, $40 only for members. :lol:

Always21
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jan 05,
Total Likes:1

Re: DSA 2015

Post by Always21 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:32 am

Hi, I have a question and hope that parents with DSA experience can help me.

My boy did well for P5 SA2, 2A and 2A*, can I bring these result and ask for DSA to the school he likes, or have to wait till next year.

Thanks in advance.

Jarol Lo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jun 04,
Total Likes:6

Re: DSA 2015

Post by Jarol Lo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:47 am

My son has been doing Robotics as his CCA, represented school since P3 and he is at P5 now, also got some good achievement with sone medals back home. He also send to overseas for competition last year.

I heard a lot of parents talking about having DSA through academic, music and sports. For the case of my son, is there such thing as DSA through Robotic?

His dream school SST, which I think only accept DSA students. Hope he can get in but can anyone advise if he can apply through Robotic?

Thank you


sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 9696
Joined: Thu Aug 14,
Total Likes:39

Re: DSA 2015

Post by sleepy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:52 am

Always21 wrote:Hi, I have a question and hope that parents with DSA experience can help me.

My boy did well for P5 SA2, 2A and 2A*, can I bring these result and ask for DSA to the school he likes, or have to wait till next year.

Thanks in advance.
I think have to wait for dsa exercise to begin.
You can monitor website of schools you're interested in and call general office to enquire

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 8673
Joined: Mon Nov 25,
Total Likes:13

Re: DSA 2015

Post by bb_ mom » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:54 am

If you visit the school's website, the date for 2014 DSA would give you an indication of when 2015 DSA application starts.

Sunshinedragon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 03,

Re: DSA 2015

Post by Sunshinedragon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 am

My gal has A for both English and Chinese and A star for Maths and Science. Is this good enough to get DSA to NanYang Girls?

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Oct 03,
Total Likes:9

Re: DSA 2015

Post by JJ1111 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 am

Sunshinedragon wrote:My gal has A for both English and Chinese and A star for Maths and Science. Is this good enough to get DSA to NanYang Girls?
If your girl like Nanyang girl. Why not give it a try?

adbie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 20,
Total Likes:1

Re: DSA 2015

Post by adbie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 am

Does anyone have the rejection rates for the various DSA categories for the popular (IP) schools? eg DHS has 5 categories:
http://m.dhs.sg/dsadomain.html

My sense is that since many more schools are now offering DSA, with most reserving 50% of their places for DSA, it is perhaps less competitive than before?

It will be good if parents get an idea of the success rates, so we can allocate our resources (eg not going for DSA and focus on PSLE) and better manage our own expectations. :)

Post Reply