St Andrew's secondary school

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

St Andrew's secondary school

Postby I'm a mum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:06 am

Hi, may I know how good is Sass?

I'm a mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: St Andrew's secondary school

Postby ServantOfGod » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:06 am

I'm a mum wrote:Hi, may I know how good is Sass?

It has a reputation as a "party" school :p

ServantOfGod
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lukemommy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Both my nephews from SASS. One spent 12 years at SAvillage, the other in sec 2 this year. The older brother scored 235 for PSLE, chose to continue his studies at SASS, scored 7As for O level but still chose SAJC , he could chose a better JC actually. Last year he scored 5As for A level, we were very happy for him. I think 12 years at SAvillage groomed him to become a sensible and better person. The younger brother scored 240 for PSLE also chose SASS, hopefully he can do as well as his brother.

There are always some black sheep in every school. Have to remind yr boy to choose his friends carefully. I have seen my nephews schoolmates, they are all good boys.

lukemommy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ServantOfGod » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:26 am

lukemommy wrote:Both my nephews from SASS. One spent 12 years at SAvillage, the other in sec 2 this year. The older brother scored 235 for PSLE, chose to continue his studies at SASS, scored 7As for O level but still chose SAJC , he could chose a better JC actually. Last year he scored 5As for A level, we were very happy for him. I think 12 years at SAvillage groomed him to become a sensible and better person. The younger brother scored 240 for PSLE also chose SASS, hopefully he can do as well as his brother.

There are always some black sheep in every school. Have to remind yr boy to choose his friends carefully. I have seen my nephews schoolmates, they are all good boys.

I was from SASS ...... and SAJC too..... 1981 batch.

ServantOfGod
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby I'm a mum » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:33 am

Hi ServantOfGod, may I know what do you mean by 'party' school?
Lukemommy, thank you for sharing. May I know how many percent of Sass students qualify for JC?

I'm a mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lukemommy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:47 pm

hi i'm a mum, I am not sure how many % of the students qualified for JC coz I didn't ask my nephew but I think the % shouldn't be low , its just that which JC the boys went to..

servantofgod, 1981 batch..SASS was popular at that time ya? I remembered at that era, boys schools like ACS, SJI, SASS, VS, CHS very popular...SAJC at that time was at Alexandra Road somewhere opp NOL building??

lukemommy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ServantOfGod » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:00 am

lukemommy wrote:hi i'm a mum, I am not sure how many % of the students qualified for JC coz I didn't ask my nephew but I think the % shouldn't be low , its just that which JC the boys went to..

servantofgod, 1981 batch..SASS was popular at that time ya? I remembered at that era, boys schools like ACS, SJI, SASS, VS, CHS very popular...SAJC at that time was at Alexandra Road somewhere opp NOL building??

During that time there was no such thing as ranking similar to the present system. I lived in the Kim Keat area and SASS was the nearest school within walking distance from home. Also at that time most of my schoolmates were from the neighborhood. Those that were from outside the area stayed in the hostel...... and SAJC was off Alexandra road opposite BP Tower.

ServantOfGod
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lukemommy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 am

Yes, servantofgod, at that time no such thing as school ranking. My sis and I chose our sec schools based on the school uniform we liked..haha and just our luck, the schools turned out to be popular schools now.

lukemommy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby UncleLim » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:13 pm

lukemommy wrote:Yes, servantofgod, at that time no such thing as school ranking. My sis and I chose our sec schools based on the school uniform we liked..haha and just our luck, the schools turned out to be popular schools now.

:rotflmao: You are so right. My friends and I cancelled out NJC because of the big buttons !

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection