Transferring school

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Transferring school

Postby Fullbanchoforce » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I am a sec 1 NA student.i don't really like my school. I feel that the teachers are bias and the students are very rowdy.The Normal tech class is probably beyond redemption, as they fight almost everyday and one threatened to fight with me. My class is not anyway better then the NT students. They are very rowdy, loud and disruptive. Most of my class are malay(no offense to any Malay people) and they tend to get in groups, and when someone Malay does something Wrong, the "group" will help their "brother or sister" and tell the teacher, "There was not such thing." And the chairman, I have nothing to say. When I stand up, he shouts at me to sit. When his "brothers" stand up, he doesn't care. I am the quiet type, who enjoys peace, reading and Relaxing.What shocked me was, I signed up for student prefect positions, and I was not chosen. Some of my rowdy classmates got a place.... And I thought "every student deserved a chance". I have no friends so far, as everybody is really rowdy. I want to transfer out to another school, regardless being a lousier or better school. Is transferring the way out or I should stay in my current school? I am not naming my school for obvious purposes.

Fullbanchoforce
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Transferring school

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:22 am

Fullbanchoforce wrote:I am a sec 1 NA student.i don't really like my school. I feel that the teachers are bias and the students are very rowdy.The Normal tech class is probably beyond redemption, as they fight almost everyday and one threatened to fight with me. My class is not anyway better then the NT students. They are very rowdy, loud and disruptive. Most of my class are malay(no offense to any Malay people) and they tend to get in groups, and when someone Malay does something Wrong, the "group" will help their "brother or sister" and tell the teacher, "There was not such thing." And the chairman, I have nothing to say. When I stand up, he shouts at me to sit. When his "brothers" stand up, he doesn't care. I am the quiet type, who enjoys peace, reading and Relaxing.What shocked me was, I signed up for student prefect positions, and I was not chosen. Some of my rowdy classmates got a place.... And I thought "every student deserved a chance". I have no friends so far, as everybody is really rowdy. I want to transfer out to another school, regardless being a lousier or better school. Is transferring the way out or I should stay in my current school? I am not naming my school for obvious purposes.

Have you discussed it with your parents? In your earlier post in another thread, you said your parents asked you to wait until EOY. Why don't you discuss it again with your parents?

:snuggles:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fullbanchoforce » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 pm

My mom asks me if I want to transfer. I say I am thinking. The DM is really nasty too.

Fullbanchoforce
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby A better tomorrow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:34 pm

If you are really not enjoying yourself there, why not just transfer ?
It is better if you do it fast . It will be easier to adapt to the new school :)

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby janet88 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 pm

A better tomorrow wrote:If you are really not enjoying yourself there, why not just transfer ?
It is better if you do it fast . It will be easier to adapt to the new school :)

if you are not enjoying yourself in your present school, what makes you think the new school will be a better place? i know i am a wet blanket but it's better to think hard.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Fullbanchoforce wrote:I am a sec 1 NA student.i don't really like my school. I feel that the teachers are bias and the students are very rowdy.The Normal tech class is probably beyond redemption, as they fight almost everyday and one threatened to fight with me. My class is not anyway better then the NT students. They are very rowdy, loud and disruptive. Most of my class are malay(no offense to any Malay people) and they tend to get in groups, and when someone Malay does something Wrong, the "group" will help their "brother or sister" and tell the teacher, "There was not such thing." And the chairman, I have nothing to say. When I stand up, he shouts at me to sit. When his "brothers" stand up, he doesn't care. I am the quiet type, who enjoys peace, reading and Relaxing.What shocked me was, I signed up for student prefect positions, and I was not chosen. Some of my rowdy classmates got a place.... And I thought "every student deserved a chance". I have no friends so far, as everybody is really rowdy. I want to transfer out to another school, regardless being a lousier or better school. Is transferring the way out or I should stay in my current school? I am not naming my school for obvious purposes.

Ask your parents to help you seek a transfer ASAP. No point for you to stay on in the school if you are unhappy. Cheer up.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection