Withdrawal from DSA School

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Withdrawal from DSA School

Postby mummyjoyce » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,
I need urgent help. My child has a confirmed Secondary school via DSA but her PSLE result now is much better.

Can you let me know how to redraw her from the posted school so that I can opt for other Secondary School?

Please help ME!!!

:?:

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:54 pm

We are in a similar situation.

We went to the sec sch today and confirmed the following:

1. First, must send in appeal letter at the preferred sec sch. We went to NJC who told us their appeal process begins on 23 Dec. Hwa Chong allows appeals now. ACS(I) also allows appeals now. Both Hwa Chong and ACS(I) has a stack of appeal forms ready. NJC no.

2. Once the preferred sch processes your appeal application and approves it, you must go to the DSA sch to obtain a release letter based on the preferred school's acceptance letter.

3. Then submit the release letter to the preferred sch.

Both Hwa Chong and NJC told us the process might take up to a week or two. By then it would be Jan 2010.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummyjoyce » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:33 am

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply. can I check that the appeal letter is just a free format letter written by the parent?

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby DadOfGirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:12 am

mummyjoyce wrote:Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply. can I check that the appeal letter is just a free format letter written by the parent?

I guess so... there is no formal format by MOE for appeal.... So more you pledge, more the chances :roll:

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

DSA Appeal

Postby kathysg2009 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 am

You can write a letter but most schools have standard form asking for details which should be enough.

DadOfGirl wrote:

I guess so... there is no formal format by MOE for appeal.... So more you pledge, more the chances :roll:

kathysg2009
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

DSA Appeal

Postby kathysg2009 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:29 am

You can write a letter but most schools have standard form asking for details which should be enough.

DadOfGirl wrote:

kathysg2009
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby karmeleon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Jennifer wrote:We are in a similar situation.

We went to the sec sch today and confirmed the following:

1. First, must send in appeal letter at the preferred sec sch. We went to NJC who told us their appeal process begins on 23 Dec. Hwa Chong allows appeals now. ACS(I) also allows appeals now. Both Hwa Chong and ACS(I) has a stack of appeal forms ready. NJC no.

2. Once the preferred sch processes your appeal application and approves it, you must go to the DSA sch to obtain a release letter based on the preferred school's acceptance letter.

3. Then submit the release letter to the preferred sch.

Both Hwa Chong and NJC told us the process might take up to a week or two. By then it would be Jan 2010.

didn't your ds want to go NUSH?

karmeleon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:33 pm

I only saw pre-printed ones at ACS(I) and Hwa Chong. No idea about other schools. It might be better if you call up the school you intend to appeal to to get a firm answer. JMHO

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:36 pm

karmeleon wrote:didn't your ds want to go NUSH?

He changed his mind. I think it's becos some of his classmates went to NJC Open Hse and psycho-ed him successfully.

Hubby has no issues with NJC. So now we wait till 23 Dec to appeal lor. If appeal is unsuccessful, then it's ACS(I) liao.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby poohandtigger » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:43 pm

I have a similar situation too. May I know what are criteria for NJC and ACS (I) to accept appeal? e.g. must I meet last yeat's COP etc? Also when will the results be made known?

Also want to know about appeal procedure at Victoria School. Can anyone help?

TIA

poohandtigger
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection