Secondary Schools - Girls' Only

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

What are Good Girls only Schools for Tscore of 234

Postby DadOfGirl » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:15 pm

My Daughter is likely to score 234 or less. Looks like all Independent/ Autonomus schools are out of scope. Are there any options ?

She is Strong in Languages not in maths/ sciende, but this year Maths paper was tough ... we are hoping there will be some moderation...

Stressed out... Help please :? :?

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby csc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Think only Tanjong Katong Girls' School in the east.

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Me too. But unfortunately, there isn't any all girls' sch with 230 & below.

No choice got to include mixed sch in our consideration.

For 230 to 235, CHIJ St Theresa. But the holding place is rather old.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DadOfGirl » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Mixed school will work... She studied in Marymount & also preschool in church chool... Very independent minded.... Wants to go to girl school only :stupid:

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tutormum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:09 pm

I think you are left with only the convent schools. Tanjong Katong Girls may be out of reach for her. Try convincing her to go to a mixed school. Geylang Methodist is a good school and highly recommended by parents who have children there.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lizawa » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 pm

How about St. Margarets ?

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

All Girls Secondary Schools in the East

Postby schweppes » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:00 pm

May we know which part of Spore you live in? Might be easier to make some recommendations in terms of location/ proximity to your home.

If you are staying in the East, I guess you can consider the following schools (Express, non-affliated):

St Anthony's Canossian Sec : 227 - 258 (Strong in performing arts and offer a holistic education. Does not focus on academic alone.)

CHIJ (Katong Convent): 228 - 241

Tanjong Katong Girls: 235 - 271

Cheers

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mrswongtuition » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:27 pm

I think you can consider PLMGS(S)? I'm not too sure of their updated COP though.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby westmom » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 pm

lizawa wrote:How about St. Margarets ?

St.Margaret entry point is around 240 for non affiliation. I am a strong support for same sex school for secondary level after hearing all the BGR headaches and distraction. Nowadays teens are not the same like our time - they are very "advance" in their approach in BGR. In my time, only those havoc kids go into relationship but nowadays ..goodness it is so "common". I was just chatting with my colleague who has a "kwai" daughter in primary - now Sec 2 daughter hp's never stop ringing..apparently being pursued by classmates...Mom getting distressed!

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:43 pm

westmom wrote:
lizawa wrote:How about St. Margarets ?

St.Margaret entry point is around 240 for non affiliation. I am a strong support for same sex school for secondary level after hearing all the BGR headaches and distraction. Nowadays teens are not the same like our time - they are very "advance" in their approach in BGR. In my time, only those havoc kids go into relationship but nowadays ..goodness it is so "common". I was just chatting with my colleague who has a "kwai" daughter in primary - now Sec 2 daughter hp's never stop ringing..apparently being pursued by classmates...Mom getting distressed!

Girls in girls' school can get more havoc than girls in co-ed schools. It's the home environment & values taught to them that matters.

You should ask your daughter if she wants your help in fending off those boys. My mum used to scold the boys that call my home or HP (I was from girls' school since P1!)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection