GEP has privilage?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

GEP has privilage?

Postby millan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Does GEP has priviliage into top school despite you might not meet cut off point?

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Way2GO » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 pm

It is not a privelege. Sec schools value the programme these kids have gone thro' and recognises their potential and thus may admit them at a lower COA. Kids who have specific talents other than academic get the same consideration.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: GEP has privilage?

Postby mathsparks » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

millan wrote:Does GEP has priviliage into top school despite you might not meet cut off point?

If the GEP student didn't get any confirmed DSA offer, he will have to join the rest of the students to select schools after psle results are released. And, the cutoff point applies to both mainstream and GEP students. There isn't a lower cop for GEP students.

But, if a GEP student has a confirmed offer and did worse than T-score to qualify for express stream, then he would lose that place in the school and reapply for another sec school with normal stream.
Hope this clarifies.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby millan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:18 am

mathsparks wrote:If the GEP student didn't get any confirmed DSA offer, he will have to join the rest of the students to select schools after psle results are released. And, the cutoff point applies to both mainstream and GEP students. There isn't a lower cop for GEP students.

But, if a GEP student has a confirmed offer and did worse than T-score to qualify for express stream, then he would lose that place in the school and reapply for another sec school with normal stream.
Hope this clarifies.

But they are GEP students with lots of potential, by enrolling them, there is a higher chance that they can score in O level, would these top school prefer that way and allow them to come in and 'groom' them?
:roll:

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby millan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:19 am

millan wrote:But they are GEP students with lots of potential, by enrolling them, there is a higher chance that they can score in O level, would these top school prefer that way and allow them to come in and 'groom' them?
:roll:

Mathsparks, I really see you everywhere :) very sporty.. :!: :D thks

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:00 am

mathsparks wrote:
millan wrote:Does GEP has priviliage into top school despite you might not meet cut off point?

Hope this clarifies.

Hi mathsparks, can u help confirm if the T-score to qualify for express stream is 200 or 250 ? I found there has been a mix-up of this figure in this forum before... thks.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mathsparks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:52 pm

zann, it's definitely not 250. It's same as mainstream which i think it's 200.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 pm

millan wrote:Mathsparks, I really see you everywhere :) very sporty.. :!: :D thks

School holidays plus on leave so i poke my nose everywhere. Like big kaypoh. :P anyway, leaving for my hols shortly so ermmm i'll disappear for a while. Don't miss me, k?

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby turquoise » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:35 pm

mathsparks wrote:zann, it's definitely not 250. It's same as mainstream which i think it's 200.

Yes, it's 200 for most IP schools like RGS/RI, NYGH/HCI etc. Slightly lower at SOTA.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection