Kranji Sec or Swiss Cottage Sec

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Kranji Sec or Swiss Cottage Sec

Postby Confusion » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi, may i have yr opinion on which is a better sec sch. Have anyone with info or experience on either of the sec sch. Thanks. :?

Confusion
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:17 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Kranji Sec or Swiss Cottage Sec

Postby ks9799 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Confusion wrote:Hi, may i have yr opinion on which is a better sec sch. Have anyone with info or experience on either of the sec sch. Thanks. :?

swiss cottage

ks9799
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Kranji Sec or Swiss Cottage Sec

Postby von72 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Confusion wrote:Hi, may i have yr opinion on which is a better sec sch. Have anyone with info or experience on either of the sec sch. Thanks. :?




Kranji....have been to their open house. Very well-balance and organised school. Impressive!!

von72
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 pm
Total Likes: 0


swiss cotage!!!

Postby senior » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm

kranji is not a good sch as i've seen many gangsters there too!swiss cotage is a good sch as there r students whom have better behaviour.
Last edited by senior on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

senior
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:14 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 pm

I have some neighbours' children in both schools. I think the ones from Swiss Cottage are better behaved too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106



Postby cafelatte » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm

My impression of Kranji is good. My cousin has been teaching there for years and some friend's children are there. The COP is 2nd highest in CCK area, after BPGHS....so the cohort should be quite good ?

I guess in every school there are good and not-so-good students ?

I heard Swiss Cottage is good but I don't have first hand information about it.

cafelatte
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re:

Postby GabyEn » Wed May 23, 2012 10:51 am

:duck:
cafelatte wrote:My impression of Kranji is good. My cousin has been teaching there for years and some friend's children are there. The COP is 2nd highest in CCK area, after BPGHS....so the cohort should be quite good ?

I guess in every school there are good and not-so-good students ?

I heard Swiss Cottage is good but I don't have first hand information about it.


YES! Swiss Cottage is great! The teachers are young and energetic.They are very proactive in engaging with students and parents. I am heartened by the support they gave my son when he started there this year. First all new sec 1 students, the school focus alot on character building - eg: developing leadership skills, building confidence, analytical skills, etc. The student spend alot of time attending such enrichment programs. The school also actively engage with parents at various fronts, eg: Parents Support Group, Dads For Life activities, etc.

GabyEn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:13 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Kranji Sec or Swiss Cottage Sec

Postby elderflowertea » Fri May 25, 2012 2:28 am

My student who is in Kranji doesn't like the school.

elderflowertea
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Re:

Postby pixiedust » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:57 pm

GabyEn wrote: YES! Swiss Cottage is great! The teachers are young and energetic.They are very proactive in engaging with students and parents. I am heartened by the support they gave my son when he started there this year. First all new sec 1 students, the school focus alot on character building - eg: developing leadership skills, building confidence, analytical skills, etc. The student spend alot of time attending such enrichment programs. The school also actively engage with parents at various fronts, eg: Parents Support Group, Dads For Life activities, etc.


I heard the current principal will be leaving the school. Any confirmed news ?

pixiedust
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 7:31 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: Kranji Sec or Swiss Cottage Sec

Postby Puppy 321 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Confusion wrote:Hi, may i have yr opinion on which is a better sec sch. Have anyone with info or experience on either of the sec sch. Thanks. :?


Hi, I would think Swiss Cottage Secondary School is a better choice. At which year will you/child be sec 1 ?

Puppy 321
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection