Sec 1 Camp

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Sec 1 Camp

Postby DCparent » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Heard alot about Sec 1 orientation camp during open house. any idea when is the camp for diff school?

Do we have to go to pri school on 22 Dec to get the posting? I know we suppose to be in Sec school posted on 23 Dec for reporting but is it whole day affair that I need to apply 2 day leave again....

DCparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Sec 1 Camp

Postby girlmum » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 pm

DCparent wrote:Heard alot about Sec 1 orientation camp during open house. any idea when is the camp for diff school?

Do we have to go to pri school on 22 Dec to get the posting? I know we suppose to be in Sec school posted on 23 Dec for reporting but is it whole day affair that I need to apply 2 day leave again....

Hi DCparent,

This is what I can remember based on my last yr experience.

On the posting day, my DH rec'd a sms in the morning (abt 6.15am) stating the name of the sec sch. Some of our friends rec'd it later in the morning so it all depends. We do not need to go to the Pri sch to get any official posting ltr. Just that sms.

When we went to the sec sch for reporting, classes were already allocated for the students and they are required to sit according to their classes for the briefting and etc (handing in pri sch report bk, PSLE cert) Thereafter, we were given a booklist. DH and I quickly split up to queue for the books, uniforms and PE attire. It would be much faster in this way as the queue is super long. If you're not driving, I would suggest that you bring along big recycled bags (not those plastic type). Reasons are the books are usually pre-packed in a box and it would be very inconvenient for u to carry it. It was about 1pm after everything was done.

Hope it helps. :lol:

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby karmeleon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:52 pm

girlmum wrote:
When we went to the sec sch for reporting, classes were already allocated for the students and they are required to sit according to their classes for the briefting and etc (handing in pri sch report bk, PSLE cert) Thereafter, we were given a booklist. DH and I quickly split up to queue for the books, uniforms and PE attire. It would be much faster in this way as the queue is super long. If you're not driving, I would suggest that you bring along big recycled bags (not those plastic type). Reasons are the books are usually pre-packed in a box and it would be very inconvenient for u to carry it. It was about 1pm after everything was done.

Hope it helps. :lol:

Do the kids wear their old school uniforms to report to the sec school?

So must go and get PSLE cert fr pri sch 1st? And need report book? Bc i don't rmbr doing that for my girl 3 yrs ago. We didn't go for the reporting since it was the same school, same uniform

karmeleon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby emerald » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:54 pm

girlmum wrote:When we went to the sec sch for reporting, classes were already allocated for the students and they are required to sit according to their classes for the briefting and etc (handing in pri sch report bk, PSLE cert)

So must bring report bk and psle cert along when reporting to sch? :?

emerald
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby girlmum » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi emerald & kameleon,

Yes, wear the pri sch uniform. Sorry, not PSLE cert but the result slip (Oops!) My DD sec sch need the report book but I do saw some who didn't bring. They were told to bring it when sch starts.

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Reporting Day

Postby dawnpingpong » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:20 pm

You are supposed to be in your primary school uniform. You also need to bring along any letters that the MOE gave out, like the one offering you EESIS scholarships and etc. You have to be there as there will be a lot of forms given out, like student particulars, offer for HMT and whether you got selected for any 3rd Lang that you applied. If everything flows fine, you will be able to go home at about 1pm +/-.

dawnpingpong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ooptimizer » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:31 pm

If your child don't wear uniform, he will look funny because everybody else in uniform.

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ooptimizer » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:33 pm

DCparent wrote:Heard alot about Sec 1 orientation camp during open house. any idea when is the camp for diff school?

Different schools have the camp on different days, some on the weekend so it should be around 7-9 Jan if the school holding on weekend.

Some schools have no camp, just orientation for 1 to around 3 days.

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby karmeleon » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 pm

ooptimizer wrote:If your child don't wear uniform, he will look funny because everybody else in uniform.

Ok. Bc when I said that, my son said, "Oh, that means that the PSLE results day was not the last time I was to wear my school uniform lah!". I'm imaginging some who were already "squeezing" into their uniform in early Nov....haha - by mid-Dec, dunno what they'd look like already in old uniform.. :shock:

karmeleon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:10 am

girlmum
thank you for the info too. I thought have to go to pri sch on 22 dec to get posting letter.

payment for books & uniform is by cash? About $300?

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection