Art Elective Programme

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Art Elective Programme

Postby houselizard » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 am

Hi,

I know I am too Kiasu but I have a question.

My DD is keen in Arts, visual arts, not performing arts. I plan to put her in schools that offer AEP. I am considering putting her to RVHS where her brother is in now but RVHS doesn't have AEP. Next option will be either Bukit Panjang High(BPH) or NYGH. However, what if she is selected for BPH or NYGH but rejected for the AEP, what should I do? If this is the case, I would prefer my DD to be in RVHS instead. Can student take AEP while studying in RVHS which doesn't offer AEP? Can AEP be an 'out-of-school' elective?

Tks!

houselizard
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Art Elective Programme

Postby JonC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:06 am

Your DD going S1 next year?

I am not familiar with the 3 schools you are talking about. Why not you just give the three schools a call and ask.

For those school with AEP, ask them if they have DSA AEP, but it is too late for 2014 P6 to 2015 S1 now. You can also ask them what is the criteria (art part) besides the cut of point of the school.

As for RV, call and ask them if they offer Art O Level, some schools without AEP actually do have students selecting Art for O Level and some of their students go to another school to attend classes. So it's important to call and ask the school.

I do know CHIJ Toa Payoh has DSA for their AEP.

That's all I know. Good Luck.

JonC
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby koguma » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 pm

houselizard wrote:Hi,

My DD is keen in Arts, visual arts, not performing arts. I plan to put her in schools that offer AEP. I am considering putting her to RVHS where her brother is in now but RVHS doesn't have AEP. Next option will be either Bukit Panjang High(BPH) or NYGH. However, what if she is selected for BPH or NYGH but rejected for the AEP, what should I do? If this is the case, I would prefer my DD to be in RVHS instead. Can student take AEP while studying in RVHS which doesn't offer AEP? Can AEP be an 'out-of-school' elective?

Tks!

Read here for more information on AEP programmes >>
www.moe.gov.sg/education/secondary/othe ... programme/

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby houselizard » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 am

Hi koguma,

Thanks for the link.

I have decided to select school that is near to my place although it doesn't have AEP. However, if she somehow need to go further, then I would hope to select NYG with AEP for her. Anyway, AEP should be the secondary consideration now.

Regards,

houselizard
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Overmars » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Tks!

Why not try NJC which has a very established AEP programme, and she can start at sec 1 and potentially go up to A levels. For Art.

Overmars
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby houselizard » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:54 am

Overmars wrote:

Tks!

Why not try NJC which has a very established AEP programme, and she can start at sec 1 and potentially go up to A levels. For Art.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I'll discuss with her once the PSLE results are out.

Regards

houselizard
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sotongdaddy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:56 pm

[/quote]

www.moe.gov.sg/education/secondary/othe ... programme/[/quote]

The website doesnt says much about what will be taught in AEP.
Not enough information.

sotongdaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby houselizard » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:53 pm

sotongdaddy wrote:

Not enough information.[/quote]

Thanks for the information. I have decided to enroll my DD into RVHS. As for arts, I'll find some arts activities for her instead.

houselizard
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby houselizard » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:54 pm

sotongdaddy wrote:

Thanks for the information. I have decided to enroll my DD into RVHS. As for arts, I'll find some arts activities for her instead.

houselizard
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby WeiHan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 am

houselizard wrote:
sotongdaddy wrote:

www.moe.gov.sg/education/secondary/othe ... programme/

Thanks for the information. I have decided to enroll my DD into RVHS. As for arts, I'll find some arts activities for her instead.[/quote]

The current RV's principal was the first principal for the Teachers Academy for Arts....I have been wondering if she will add a good art programme for RV.

WeiHan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection