Secondary Schools opinions

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Secondary Schools opinions

Postby NatHaroro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:45 am

Hi parents,

May I know how are these schools below stated? Issit good? The pros and cons?

Punggol Sec
Edgefield Sec
Greendale Sec
Pei Hwa Sec

Thank you! :boogie:

NatHaroro
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby sushigal » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:56 am

Punggol Sec
Edgefield Sec
Greendale Sec
Pei Hwa Sec

It still boils now to your child's mark in PSLE.

Punggol and Greendale Sec from what I heard is not so good. Edgefield is a up and coming school. Not too sure about Pei Hwa Sec.

Is best go for their Open House and always talk to the students and teachers to find out more from them. Don't need to waste on the Principal talk. They will always say nice things about their school.

From the behavior of the student you should be able to judge for yourself.

Hope it helps.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby auntiexxx » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:09 pm

NatHaroro wrote:Hi parents,

May I know how are these schools below stated? Issit good? The pros and cons?

Punggol Sec
Edgefield Sec
Greendale Sec
Pei Hwa Sec

Thank you! :boogie:


Someone said spending a some time observing each school during dismissal time is the best guide of the students' behaviour. Not talking about the above mentioned schools, but a friend once told me that the sight of police cars in the school compound on a number of occasions was enough to help her in her decision.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am
Total Likes: 16


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby NatHaroro » Tue May 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Hmmm.... Ok I got it! Thanks gals!

But what shall I ask abt to the teachers and students during the open house?

NatHaroro
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby BlueBells » Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm

I guess observing the students' behaviour helps?

Also, I would also choose to speak to students who are not on open-house canvassing duties to get a feel of the general student cohort if they are around ... the marketing team would have been more prepared ...

Then, find out what academic support is in place if your child lags behind, assuming you don't want to jump on the tuition bandwagon.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 pm
Total Likes: 18



Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby hweemin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi I would like to gather some info on the following schools for my son. He scored an aggregate of 202 and I am considering the following schools. But i really need some advise on the following school as to the students behaviour, teacher, principal :-

1) Yuying Sec
2) Serangoon Sec
3) Serangoon Garden
4) Montfort Sec
5) Peicai Sec
6) Guang Yang Sec
7) Manjusri Sec
8) Seng Kang Sec

Would really appreciate your help if you are able to share some info of the above schools.

Thanks!

hweemin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:21 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby eric lim » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, hope you can give me your guidance. Will appreciate your help on this...May i know if Ping Yi secondary school is a good school? My son's aggregate score is 156 hence school choices is limited as we would like him to go to NA. We live in Bedok...Our school choices are as follows:

1) Ping Yi - 152 - 186 NA
2) East View - 152 - 185 NA
3) Springfield - 152 - 186 NA
4) Bendemeer - 155 - 195 NA
5) Damai - 159 - 193 NA
6) Bedok South - 164 - 192 NA

eric lim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby ralphrex » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:12 pm

hweemin wrote:Hi I would like to gather some info on the following schools for my son. He scored an aggregate of 202 and I am considering the following schools. But i really need some advise on the following school as to the students behaviour, teacher, principal :-

1) Yuying Sec
2) Serangoon Sec
3) Serangoon Garden
4) Montfort Sec
5) Peicai Sec
6) Guang Yang Sec
7) Manjusri Sec
8) Seng Kang Sec

Would really appreciate your help if you are able to share some info of the above schools.

Thanks!


Most of the schools listed seem ok. Montfort is all boys...definitely more rowdy!!! :nunchuk:

ralphrex
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:20 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby Zenatranaz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:55 pm

I don't know what schools to choose, but I got a few links that could help.
http://www.mummyweeblog.com/2013/10/6-t ... -that.html
http://teojunjie.com/2016/11/26/psle-re ... ol-choose/

Zenatranaz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Secondary Schools opinions

Postby hweemin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:55 pm

ralphrex wrote:
hweemin wrote:Hi I would like to gather some info on the following schools for my son. He scored an aggregate of 202 and I am considering the following schools. But i really need some advise on the following school as to the students behaviour, teacher, principal :-

1) Yuying Sec
2) Serangoon Sec
3) Serangoon Garden
4) Montfort Sec
5) Peicai Sec
6) Guang Yang Sec
7) Manjusri Sec
8) Seng Kang Sec

Would really appreciate your help if you are able to share some info of the above schools.

Thanks!


Most of the schools listed seem ok. Montfort is all boys...definitely more rowdy!!! :nunchuk:
ralphrex wrote:
hweemin wrote:Hi I would like to gather some info on the following schools for my son. He scored an aggregate of 202 and I am considering the following schools. But i really need some advise on the following school as to the students behaviour, teacher, principal :-

1) Yuying Sec
2) Serangoon Sec
3) Serangoon Garden
4) Montfort Sec
5) Peicai Sec
6) Guang Yang Sec
7) Manjusri Sec
8) Seng Kang Sec

Would really appreciate your help if you are able to share some info of the above schools.

Thanks!


Most of the schools listed seem ok. Montfort is all boys...definitely more rowdy!!! :nunchuk:



thankyou:

hweemin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:21 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection