Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

DSA 2018

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Re: DSA 2018

Postby zac's mum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Chinhoo1978 wrote:Hi

Anyone can advise which secondary school recognizes Piano as admission criteria for DSA?

or any website/link which contain a compiled list of schools' DSA admission criteria?
Thanks

None. Have a look at the list here:

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direc ... arts#Music

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 am

zac's mum wrote:
Chinhoo1978 wrote:Hi

Anyone can advise which secondary school recognizes Piano as admission criteria for DSA?

or any website/link which contain a compiled list of schools' DSA admission criteria?
Thanks

None. Have a look at the list here:

https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direc ... arts#Music

I would assume any schools that list general Music / Music Elective Programme as a category should accept accomplished pianists as a candidate.

Problem is, lots of kids play the piano these days. Have to be a really outstanding one, preferably with concert performances to really stand a chance.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ANWI » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:03 am

Dear Parents, My kid is going to appear for DSA 2018. Can you please share where to get DSA past year papers?

ANWI
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tayv » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:55 pm

DSA past year papers??? Are u kiddiing? Maybe it will be good to know what are u applying for?

tayv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tayv » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:57 pm

DSA past year papers??? Are u kiddiing? Maybe it will be good to know what are u applying for?

tayv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ANWI » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Dear Tavy, My kid is in PSLE 2018 and wants to go for NUSHigh Secondary. Hence she wants to appear for DSA this year. Thats why I m looking for old question papers

ANWI
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tayv » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm

I believe NUSH is looking for kids with natural flair or talent in Maths and Science and not applicants with memory and practice skills. Just my personal opinion.

tayv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ANWI » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 am

Yes but so far I understand that they will consider through DSA test only. Appreciate if any help to get last year DSA papers. So that we can guide our kid how to prepare for the test.

ANWI
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tayv » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 am

I guess u still don’t get what I an trying to say. Anyway, all the best in your search for the DSA past year papers. If u can’t get the papers here, try buying them from NUSH office, maybe they are selling, who knows.

tayv
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Ganjiongspider » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am

ANWI wrote:Yes but so far I understand that they will consider through DSA test only. Appreciate if any help to get last year DSA papers. So that we can guide our kid how to prepare for the test.

Hi ANWI, are you foreigner? Think you are new to our Singapore's school system, esp DSA. When we DSA our kids, by academics domain - Eng/CL/Math/Science etc : The selected students who are invited for the 1st round, will have to sit for the school's internal test. Upon clearing 1st round, students who make it through will be invited for 2nd round of interview. Esp NUSH, the students need to go through their camp.

When we talk about DSA, that means the school recruit talented students based on their internal test & interview. There is no way you can get any papers from the school or the parents who dsaed their kids before, because the school will not return the paper. This is due to fairness, and the school is looking for Raw Talents in the specific domain that he/she apply.

So in conclusion to your question : No, there is no such DSA papers that you are looking for your child to practise.

Ganjiongspider
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres