LEARNConcierge

DSA 2018

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Re: DSA 2018

Postby Hazelmama » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

Hi, any update re MGS(STEM)/Language Arts? Any idea when they will inform about the assessment/interview? MGS’s website indicated 21st Jul is the assessment/interview dates.

Wondering if there is time to prep her for the interview...

Hazelmama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby What The » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 am

shuangbaoma wrote:Still in programs. But I see the website indicates that the status will be updated from July 11, which means they will inform you not exactly 11. Wait patiently. Maybe RGS and NYHS will release same time.

I remembered someone mentioned the HDP is on 21 July for RGS? So at most 10 more days of waiting... Jiayou :) :rahrah:

What The
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby What The » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 am

Hazelmama wrote:Hi, any update re MGS(STEM)/Language Arts? Any idea when they will inform about the assessment/interview? MGS’s website indicated 21st Jul is the assessment/interview dates.

Wondering if there is time to prep her for the interview...

Clash with RGS for those who applied both then.

What The
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zappy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 am

shuangbaoma wrote:Still in programs. But I see the website indicates that the status will be updated from July 11, which means they will inform you not exactly 11. Wait patiently. Maybe RGS and NYHS will release same time.

From last year's DSA2017 thread, seems like NYGH notification is around last 2 weeks of July for interviews. So could still a couple of weeks' waiting left.

Zappy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Lever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

Hazelmama wrote:

By scheduling on the same date, It seems like the schools are forcing parents to choose the schools earlier

Lever
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Lever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

Hazelmama wrote:

By scheduling on the same date, It seems like the schools are forcing parents to choose the schools earlier

Lever
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby crm » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 am

May i know if you have won any awards for maths? What is the criteria to apply under maths?

janam wrote:RGS website still showing as In Progress.
I applied under Math - Academic.
I called up school to check, they said they have received too many applications hence the delay.

crm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Zappy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 am

Lever wrote:By scheduling on the same date, It seems like the schools are forcing parents to choose the schools earlier

To be fair, there are only a few Saturdays available in this period. The trials/ auditions/ tests already take up the first part of July, so it's inevitable that some of the dates will clash.
Last edited by Zappy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zappy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Hazelmama » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 am

Oh I didn’t expect just ‘anxious’ reactions from my simple question. Sorry.

The timeline for MGS was openly shared on their website and application FAQs right from the start. The assessment/interview date was decided before we started the application, just like NUS High.

Agree with Zappy, it really can't be helped. Maybe, if selected for schools that clashed, just give them a call to work out an agreeable arrangement. Thus far, the schools have been really very nice and helpful with my questions on the phone, even though I am sure that they are swamped by anxious parents.

Also, thanks for all who had been updating. Really helpful to know.

Hazelmama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am

I had emailed MGS regarding update on timeline.
I got the reply saying they will get back by next week Tuesday.

Yes RGS & MGS both will conduct first rounds on 21st July sat.
During RGS open house chat they mentioned that do not request for change of day/time as it clashes with other school, pls ask other school to change their date/time.

So it is clear they want us to take a call.

@Crm - yes my daughter has couple of Math olympiad certificates like NMOS, SMOP.

janam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection

LEARNConcierge