Cost of part-time helper is doubled the cost of live-in one?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:130

Re: Cost of part-time helper is doubled the cost of live-in

Post by janet88 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:52 pm

h_e_l_l_o wrote:My part time helper is also charging $60 for 3 hours. Can't do a lot of stuff in the 3 hours. Sigh...
ironing for some families take up bulk of the time.
if part time is rushing for time, then there will be lots of things dropped or scratched...mum's vacuum cleaner has changed several parts because the part time pulls the vacuum cleaner to the max as she is lazy to switch to another plug. fans are scratched. mum mainly needs need her to vacuum and mop, clean windows.

kimmy4
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kimmy4 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:12 am

I did not realize that part-time maids are more expensive compared to live in until I read this thread. You might be able to save money if you get live in maids but I would still choose to get part-time maids. They don't need to stay w/ your family all the time so you'll have more privacy with your family. For me privacy is just an important thing.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Post by Estéema » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Some PT helpers drag yr time to earn more or do a slip shod job to rush to ano h’hold. If the PT leave you w/o notice u’re stuck with nobody to clean yr home.

JassyT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Cost of part-time helper is doubled the cost of live-in one?

Post by JassyT » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:49 pm

It's hard to get the trust of the maids nowadays.. be it live in or part-time maids..sometimes it's better to do the cleaning myself

Dental
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Cost of part-time helper is doubled the cost of live-in one?

Post by Dental » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 am

I heard that some agents will so called help those full time domestic helper that trying to earn extra income to find works for them on their off day to work illegally, beware and double check their status.