washing machine?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
Poppypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:4

Re: washing machine?

Post by Poppypie » Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 pm

I noticed small black dots on some clothes after washing. Does it has anything got to do with washing machine?

CarolW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CarolW » Wed May 15, 2019 10:57 am

Poppypie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 pm
I noticed small black dots on some clothes after washing. Does it has anything got to do with washing machine?
Did you include colored shirts on your laundry? Some shirts can stain other clothes when mixed up. But if not it can be the washing machine. It might need some cleaning.

qhlin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by qhlin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Anyone experience this before? Any solution to this foaming problem which happens towards the end of spinning.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:76

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm

qhlin wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 pm
Anyone experience this before? Any solution to this foaming problem which happens towards the end of spinning.
Looks like too much detergent.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Use lesser and/or low suds laundry detergent.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:160

Post by Nebbermind » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:26 am

Poppypie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 pm
Scum that is lining the inside of the drum.
There are washer cleaning powder to deal with this

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 am

qhlin wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 pm
I have experienced this before I put too much detergent, try to lessen it and see if it works.. If you get excess foam on your rinse and spin, then it could be caused by washing machine problems, like a partial blockage of your system. This is quite rare, as it needs the blockage to be large enough to restrict flow out of the drum, but small enough that water can still flow out. In this case, suds will be present, but there shouldn’t be too much.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:160

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 am

NOt sure if it's my imagination but somehow I remember there was a case that someone used so much detergent until the foam was coming out form the manhole at the ground floor.

accamm13
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by accamm13 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:38 am

need tips / reccomendations..

i recently bought a front load Samsung eco bubble washer, and i realise i not really sure how to maximize its features! always been using a top load, so i would like tips for front load? and also if anyoen knows this model perhaps can tell me things like if every day clothing and uniforms type, which setting to use best?

also, any recommendation for front load detergent?

Ella455
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Ella455 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:43 am

accamm13 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:38 am
need tips / reccomendations..

i recently bought a front load Samsung eco bubble washer, and i realise i not really sure how to maximize its features! always been using a top load, so i would like tips for front load? and also if anyoen knows this model perhaps can tell me things like if every day clothing and uniforms type, which setting to use best?

also, any recommendation for front load detergent?
Front load washing machines require a different kind of detergent than regular old top load machines.The reason being that front load machines operate differently, using much less water than a top load.There are many tips available online citing ways to use regular detergent in a front load. Some of these include mixing equal parts fabric softener and detergent or even adding foam down, which is used in spas, with your detergent. While these may seem sensible they can actually cause substantial damage to your front load washer and to your clothing.
http://www.applianceoutletservice.com/a ... washer.htm