All About CCTV/spy camera for monitoring maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Will you install a CCTV/spy camera to monitor your maid?

Yes, and i will watch it everyday
24%
Yes, just for precaution and will watch it when something is amiss
71%
No, i don't believe in it
5%

Total votes: 129

yanyantan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About CCTV/spy camera for monitoring maids

Post by yanyantan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 pm

I installed a few cameras in my new place. My current maid with us for 8 months but she very upset and her face super black after we moved into new house. only much later then i found out she angry with the cameras. but i told her i did not install because of her but in case got break-ins.

Meiling090
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Meiling090 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 pm

I stay Sembawang area. Anyone have lobang for cheap CCTV and Camera
Wan to monitor my maid at home

kendrawph
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kendrawph » Thu May 30, 2019 5:17 pm

yanyantan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 pm
I installed a few cameras in my new place. My current maid with us for 8 months but she very upset and her face super black after we moved into new house. only much later then i found out she angry with the cameras. but i told her i did not install because of her but in case got break-ins.
It's always good to explain and even show your maid the location of the cameras. I read somewhere that says that a person can become more honest just by knowing there's a camera nearby. :lol:

kendrawph
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kendrawph » Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Meiling090 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 pm
Nowadays, CCTV cameras are very cheap. But I don't recommend those really cheap one, because of the support and lousy software interface. I bought Dlink at challenger and it died within 2 years, and can't even do proper backup to its own dlink storage. It can be very frustrating not able to see the footages when you really need it. In the end, i engaged this CCTV contractor - https://entrycare.com/. Pretty good sales support. They recommend Hikvision cameras brand as they are more durable and affordable. And the cameras are still functioning for more than 4 years!

JassyT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by JassyT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:21 am

I have been using surveillance camera to monitor my maid as I had to leave my baby with her alone for half a day.It was really Godsend for a mother as you can see actually whats happening in your absence.We don't have maid anymore so I don't need camera.

cctvsg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by cctvsg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Meiling090 wrote:
If you are on a budget , i recommend VSTARCAM . Many of their products have features like night vision , in-built microphone and speakers , pan/tilt feature as well aslive viewing from your mobile phone anywhere anytime . There are also Hikvision and Dahua cameras that have good specs and at a reasonable prices and like some other people have said , they are more durable and have better quality firmware. There are have some promotional packages right now at sgcctvpro.com , they can get a bit pricey but i understand you are on a budget so i recommend packages 7 and 8 if you wanna get your money's worth .

SHAWNN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by SHAWNN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm

cctvsg wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm
Meiling090 wrote:
If you are on a budget , i recommend VSTARCAM . Many of their products have features like night vision , in-built microphone and speakers , pan/tilt feature as well aslive viewing from your mobile phone anywhere anytime . There are also Hikvision and Dahua cameras that have good specs and at a reasonable prices and like some other people have said , they are more durable and have better quality firmware. There are have some promotional packages right now at sgcctvpro.com , they can get a bit pricey but i understand you are on a budget so i recommend packages 7 and 8 if you wanna get your money's worth .
1. Do they set up the cameras for you ? or self set up ?
2. Must switch on 24 hours ?
3. where do you place the cameras ? hall ? bedrooms ?

SHAWNN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by SHAWNN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 pm

yanyantan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 pm
how is your maid now ? still angry with the cameras ? maid which nationality ?

cctvsg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by cctvsg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:00 pm

SHAWNN wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm
cctvsg wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm
Meiling090 wrote:
1. Do they set up the cameras for you ? or self set up ?
2. Must switch on 24 hours ?
3. where do you place the cameras ? hall ? bedrooms ?
For more in-depth information you can Whatsapp them through this link