All About CCTV/spy camera for monitoring maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Will you install a CCTV/spy camera to monitor your maid?

Yes, and i will watch it everyday
24%
Yes, just for precaution and will watch it when something is amiss
72%
No, i don't believe in it
5%

Total votes: 130

yanyantan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About CCTV/spy camera for monitoring maids

Post by yanyantan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 pm

I installed a few cameras in my new place. My current maid with us for 8 months but she very upset and her face super black after we moved into new house. only much later then i found out she angry with the cameras. but i told her i did not install because of her but in case got break-ins.

Meiling090
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Meiling090 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 pm

I stay Sembawang area. Anyone have lobang for cheap CCTV and Camera
Wan to monitor my maid at home

kendrawph
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kendrawph » Thu May 30, 2019 5:17 pm

yanyantan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 pm
I installed a few cameras in my new place. My current maid with us for 8 months but she very upset and her face super black after we moved into new house. only much later then i found out she angry with the cameras. but i told her i did not install because of her but in case got break-ins.
It's always good to explain and even show your maid the location of the cameras. I read somewhere that says that a person can become more honest just by knowing there's a camera nearby. :lol:

kendrawph
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by kendrawph » Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Meiling090 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:07 pm
Nowadays, CCTV cameras are very cheap. But I don't recommend those really cheap one, because of the support and lousy software interface. I bought Dlink at challenger and it died within 2 years, and can't even do proper backup to its own dlink storage. It can be very frustrating not able to see the footages when you really need it. In the end, i engaged this CCTV contractor - https://entrycare.com/. Pretty good sales support. They recommend Hikvision cameras brand as they are more durable and affordable. And the cameras are still functioning for more than 4 years!

JassyT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by JassyT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:21 am

I have been using surveillance camera to monitor my maid as I had to leave my baby with her alone for half a day.It was really Godsend for a mother as you can see actually whats happening in your absence.We don't have maid anymore so I don't need camera.

cctvsg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by cctvsg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Meiling090 wrote:
If you are on a budget , i recommend VSTARCAM . Many of their products have features like night vision , in-built microphone and speakers , pan/tilt feature as well aslive viewing from your mobile phone anywhere anytime . There are also Hikvision and Dahua cameras that have good specs and at a reasonable prices and like some other people have said , they are more durable and have better quality firmware. There are have some promotional packages right now at sgcctvpro.com , they can get a bit pricey but i understand you are on a budget so i recommend packages 7 and 8 if you wanna get your money's worth .

SHAWNN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by SHAWNN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm

cctvsg wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm
Meiling090 wrote:
If you are on a budget , i recommend VSTARCAM . Many of their products have features like night vision , in-built microphone and speakers , pan/tilt feature as well aslive viewing from your mobile phone anywhere anytime . There are also Hikvision and Dahua cameras that have good specs and at a reasonable prices and like some other people have said , they are more durable and have better quality firmware. There are have some promotional packages right now at sgcctvpro.com , they can get a bit pricey but i understand you are on a budget so i recommend packages 7 and 8 if you wanna get your money's worth .
1. Do they set up the cameras for you ? or self set up ?
2. Must switch on 24 hours ?
3. where do you place the cameras ? hall ? bedrooms ?

SHAWNN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by SHAWNN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 pm

yanyantan wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:37 pm
how is your maid now ? still angry with the cameras ? maid which nationality ?

cctvsg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by cctvsg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:00 pm

SHAWNN wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm
cctvsg wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm
Meiling090 wrote:
1. Do they set up the cameras for you ? or self set up ?
2. Must switch on 24 hours ?
3. where do you place the cameras ? hall ? bedrooms ?
For more in-depth information you can Whatsapp them through this link

Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Michy79 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:38 pm

We have installed several CCTV in our home. We told our maid that we have CCTV and point to the dummy ones. So far, she is doing great taking care of our kids when we are at work. She's an Indonesian by the way.