Myanmar maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:70

Re: Myanmar maids

Post by Estéema » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:48 am

Telecom interview (WhatsApp, Viber...) but if they’re not in Yangon or they’re in Chin State, connect may be poor. Ask them if they can buy a India SIM Card. Better reception for them.

Ask very detailed questions. Don’t just accept a “yes mam“ answer. Ask them to describe their day fr the time they wake up, how they wash, how they cook whatever dishes. Ask them what they get for salary when they started, not bundle after eyer pay them off-day compensation. Some can’t cook & just microwave food or only cook maggi noodles or porridge (without ingredients)!

Pls get them to do medical checks before applying WP.

weige77
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by weige77 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:39 pm

hahamama wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:09 pm
weige77 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm
HI guys , i found my myanmar maid placing a pair of her shoes under my bed. Is there any particular reason why she did that? I am worried if it's a curse or something like that?
I am a Burmese grew up in Singapore and I employ Burmese maid. Please do not let her put any shoes. I don't know what it means but maybe someone might have told her to do so.
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah i told her to remove it. Someone told me it's like a ritual thing.

weige77
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by weige77 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 pm

hi,my maid's hometown is in kalay. she told me from sg back to her hometown need 1 week. Is that true?

Jes1973
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jes1973 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Enough of Myanmar maids. I had 2 ex Myanmar maids and they are dirty, defiant, lazy and like to tell lies... sign off with them now...

Sam-wong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Sam-wong » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:14 pm

I think really depends on luck lar. My Myanmar helper with me is really not bad. She took a little longer to learn and adapt but my observation is that Myanmar maids are more obedient and loyal.

Angelique
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Angelique » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:51 pm

NANT NWE NI HLIANG
BE CAREFUL OF THIS MAID !
She is my ex maid who has images of my child without permission, entered family house without permission when she stopped working for me.

yapcf09
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by yapcf09 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Sorry to hear all the frustrations. In case anyone interested to learn basic burmese to speak to maids or worker or about the burmese culture can call 97102792.

Kaydenmama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Kaydenmama » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:12 am

Hi all,

I am looking for an experience Myanmar helper preferably finished at least one full contract in Singapore. If you know of any please kindly PM me. Thank you very much.

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Gilian039 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:10 pm

We also had a bad experience with our former Myanmar maid. She only stay for three days. We caught her on the CCTV that she is trying to open our locked closet. We called her agency and asked them to replace her with a trustworthy one.

elicia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by elicia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm

have anyone direct hire maid from Myanmar before? can share what are the steps to apply and bring her in?