All about Dishwasher

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Dish washing machine

Postby heutistmeintag » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:54 am

Anyone using one? Useful and cost-effective? Any brand and model to recommend?

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

All about Dishwasher

Postby allseasons » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 am

Hi all,

I am considering to get a dishwasher, but I am still not sure whether it will do a good job :? . Does anyone use a dishwasher at home? Can anyone share with me on a few questions I have i.e.
- what brand to buy? Is it reliable (can last longer) or can break down easily?
- does it use a lot of water and electricity, so the PUB bill shoot up?
- do we need to rinse all the dishes before putting them into the dishwasher, or we just need to scrap the leftover food?
- which one is better: free standing or built in?

Thanks a lot...

allseasons
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby fussyMummy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi allseasons,

Plan to buy a dishwasher ? :?

Is that a lot to wash?

My tiny sense, just think it waste electricity and waste water, and need time to put in and take out... :wink:

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby allseasons » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:19 pm

That's why, I don't know whether I should really buy or not.. Sometimes got many dishes to wash (when I cook a lot), sometimes no.. But I read in Strait Times sometimes ago, it was said that using a dishwasher actually will help us to save water.. Is it true? :?

My scarry thought is if I accumulate the dishes from morning until night, to get the dishwasher run fully loaded, maybe the cockroach will gather around it.. because the smell of dirty dishes.. Will it? :!:

allseasons
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LOLMum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 pm

hi, i am using a dishwasher now in london.

cant tell you the brand now because i am not at home and i do think it uses a bit more water and electricity. but the selection in spore is pretty small if i recall.

but i really really :love: it . saves time.

no need to rinse, just chuck it in. you may wish to wipe the grease from plate. of course there shouldnt be any food stuck to plate otherwise the pipe would get choked and you would have more problem.

most stuff including plastic cups (from ikea) are dishwasher friendly. you dont have to use it on a daily basis. i use it when it is 99% full.

my sil's kitchen is narrow and longish with cabinets on both side. so now she is stuck with a damaged built in dishwasher as the repariman is unable to get it out.

so unless you have a big kitchen you might consider a built in type. i myself would perfer a stand along typel.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allseasons » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi LOLMum.. Thanks ya. Yes, that's what I want.. to save my time up a little bit... Wiping the grease is easy, just do it with a kitchen paper towel.. I also consider a free standing one. if I really get one, I can just keep it at the corner of my kitchen.. :))

allseasons
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LOLMum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 pm

for roaches, just keep the door shut and cover the pipe hole in the machine.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allseasons » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Cover the hole in the machine? :? The hole inside the machine that is to drain the water?

Read some reviews abt dishwasher, some said Bosch is good... Any comments? Or maybe Electrolux? :idea:

allseasons
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LOLMum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 pm

yes, the pipe that drain water. :D

i cant comment on other brands but know what, am looking at the dishwasher now and cant find the brand name. the installation and operating manual doesnt have the name on it as well. guess must be a low cost machine installed by landlord. but working well for us.

:D

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allseasons » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks a lot LOLMum and insider. Now i think i really want it and need to go to the store to check it out.. :lol:

allseasons
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help