All about Dishwasher

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by kylene » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:22 pm

6thisnthat9 wrote:Dishwasher needs to be near water point. But don't think it can be fitted below the sink because of those water pipes underneath, unless yours are laid differently. We sacrificed one cabinet space for the dishwasher and it has been great as we don't have helper and cooked for 4-5 nights simple dinner using steamer and happy call pressure pot, fast and easy. Most importantly, my other family members can help load the dishes, no need to worry about diff std of cleanliness.
kylene wrote:Can a dishwasher be placed below the sink in the kitchen ? I don’t have space at the yard where the washing machine is .
I see . Who do I call to check if a dishwasher can be installed ?

The cabinet you sacrificed is near the kitchen sink ? Thanks

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:14

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi Kylene, my dishwasher is installed beside the kitchen sink. We had it done by contractor before moving in. But if u get it from harvey or courts, they would deliver and install i presume. U can enquire when you browse around at the shops.

kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by kylene » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Thanks !

AfterClaz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by AfterClaz » Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm

One of the best decisions I ever made was to get a dishwasher! Even if it's just a countertop model. I save at least 30 minutes a day from all the dishwashing, I no longer have to wash milk bottles!

I have a very small kitchen and I didn't install a standalone dishwasher when I moved in. But I really needed a dishwasher to help with all the washing cos I've 3 kids and no helper. I got a counter top Bosch model that I could just stack on my washing machine in the yard area. There's a power point, water point and drainage pipe, so it was a very straight-forward installation.

Can consider countertop models if kitchen space is limited!

missyqiqi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by missyqiqi » Mon May 27, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi everyone I just got a bosch dishwasher. Can I know where u guys bought your detergent or powder? Which brand I'd more cost effective. I have browse through the post, apparently I can use vinegar as finishing agent? Thanks for the help.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:83

Post by ngl2010 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:42 pm

missyqiqi wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:32 pm
Hi everyone I just got a bosch dishwasher. Can I know where u guys bought your detergent or powder? Which brand I'd more cost effective. I have browse through the post, apparently I can use vinegar as finishing agent? Thanks for the help.
I always buy from iHerb. There are a couple of brands that I used but I always buy those eco-friendly and without scent. You can check the review at iHerb.

Btw, if you buy tablets, you can try using half tablet per load. See whether it works for you. It works for us.

Sorry, I don't use finishing agent.

JassyT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by JassyT » Fri May 31, 2019 10:11 am

We use Bosch dishwasher and it is very cost effective.. would recommend.

CouponOutlet
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by CouponOutlet » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 pm

we have provide best deals and discounts and coupon codes , please visit our website

<a href="http://Couponoutlet.org">couponoutlet</a>

Alex75
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Alex75 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 pm

We bought Electrolux and I think the brand model is ESF5511LOX. It costs S$900 when we bought it. It is big enough for a family of five, easy to use and user-friendly. I am hoping that this will last long because its a bit expensive.

Gilian039
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Gilian039 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Alex75 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 pm
We bought Electrolux and I think the brand model is ESF5511LOX. It costs S$900 when we bought it. It is big enough for a family of five, easy to use and user-friendly. I am hoping that this will last long because its a bit expensive.
We are also planning to buy the same dishwasher soon, and I would like to ask if how was the performance of this appliance? Is it electricity efficient?