All about Dishwasher

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All about Dishwasher

Post by butterwaffles » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 am

Hi all

Am trying to decide between a built in dishwasher and a free standing one that i can slot in, under the counter top.

I am worried about cockroaches if i opt for a free standing one but i understand that it will be easier to remove and repair or change to a new dish washer if it breaks down. And it's alot cheaper!

Built-in is alot neater and no worries about cockroaches! But i can expect that it will be a nightmare if it breaks down. Need advice! Can't find many reviews or comments on dishwashers. Looks like it's still pretty unpopular in Singapore. I had one when i was in the US and now i cannot live without it.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by bb_ mom » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:36 pm

I was all set for one until my ID told me becos of a 10-cm concrete pedestal in my kitchen, by the time I add the dishwasher, my kitchen counter top would be sooooo high! Bummer!

If you want to read reviews, do a "dishwasher" search. I did that and found discussion in "Life Without Maids" thread.

butterwaffles
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by butterwaffles » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Thank you bb_mom! My ID told me if i wish to slot in a free standing dishwasher then best to get one that is as low as possible. But after looking around, seems like they are all 85cm high. If it's built in, at least i can opt for a F&P single dishdrawer? Dilemma....

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by bb_ mom » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:23 pm

I saw that! Looks good but quite long too. No space for that in my teeny kitchen.

Bosch actually carries dishwashers smaller than 85cm in height. Imagine a dishwasher with only 1 level. I don't think it's really big enough. Not value for money cos the difference in price is about couple of hundreds.

Peiqi01
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Peiqi01 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am

Yes I agree. My mum hse have a dishwasher and she complain it does not clean well, still need to rinse again after placing into dishwasher. Kind of like double work.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Post by Jennifer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

bb_ mom wrote:I was all set for one until my ID told me becos of a 10-cm concrete pedestal in my kitchen, by the time I add the dishwasher, my kitchen counter top would be sooooo high! Bummer!
o, what a disappointment.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:15 pm

I built a full height cabinet next to my wash basin and slot the dishwasher there with the space above for my steamer and cabinets.

myWQ
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by myWQ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

I have a dishwasher, it cleans the China and glassware well and serves as a dish rack too.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:83

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:20 am

myWQ wrote:I have a dishwasher, it cleans the China and glassware well and serves as a dish rack too.
I was amazed it removed coffee and tea stains very well. Even the old stains. Much better than trying to remove the stains by handwash. :love:

little twin stars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by little twin stars » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:11 am

hi,
there is space constrains in the kitchen, hence, For a family of 5, would a 9 place setting slimline Bosch be sufficient? mostly for dinner washing comprising, rice plates, soup bowls, serving dish & 1 soup pot.

thanks for help