All About Vacuum Cleaner

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

The best vacuum cleaner brand for dust mites

Dysons
53%
Miele
8%
Electroleux
8%
Karcher
20%
Philips
7%
Osim
5%

Total votes: 92

JessecaMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Vacuum Cleaner

Post by JessecaMum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:07 pm

I am using this now....

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:58

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 pm

I m considering Suzuka 5 in 1 vacuum and mopping robot for my mom..I never use robot before..just thought that at abt 150+ maybe worth trying?

sam22
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sam22 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello,
There is a big carpet in my home which is very old and it contains dust and stains all over it. I had used a few carpet cleaners but they don't work on those stains. Then one of my friends suggest me to use a vacuum cleaner but I don't know it will work or not. So I want to ask you that do stick vacuum work on carpet or what is the most helpful vacuum cleaner?

rong50
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by rong50 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Anyone tried xiaomi vacuum cleaner? is it good?

Sheena8
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Sheena8 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:46 pm

I purchased the PowerPro Compact Bagless vacuum cleaner. When I first started using it, the product was awesome. It has good suction power and was relatively easy to use. However, in the 4th month of using it, 1 side of the wheels came off. It did not bother me much until 2 weeks later, the other wheel came off as well. I tried to attach both wheels back to the nozzle however, every time i did so, the wheels would come off again. The nozzle seems to be poorly manufactured. Not recommended..

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:140

Post by janet88 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:51 am

the parts for my karcher (using water) gave way...the hose is $30 while the container is $100. the hepa filter costs money to replace too. :moneyflies: the technician told me it's costly to repair...and very hard to tell when the motor gives way. this vacuum cleaner was used by the maids and it has been repaired 2-3 times.
the vacuum cleaner is still working but it's old. it's a good machine especially to vacuum the mattress with the turbo cleaner accessory.

feeling moody now.
a new one with same function costs $888.
what I'm looking for is one with a strong suction power and bagless...preferably can vacuum the mattress as well.

LxM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LxM » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:58 pm

for that kind of price, you should just buy a higher price range Dyson. Karcher is heavy and bulky and helpers will just be knocking them around the whole house for a vacuum job. more houshold items casualties along the way...

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:140

Post by janet88 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 am

LxM wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:58 pm
for that kind of price, you should just buy a higher price range Dyson. Karcher is heavy and bulky and helpers will just be knocking them around the whole house for a vacuum job. more houshold items casualties along the way...
karcher is heavy....but what I like is the clean feel of the floor and dust/hair goes straight into the water which will be thrown away.
no helper...so there is low chance of household item casualties since I'm the one doing housework :xedfingers:

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by AnneS » Mon May 13, 2019 11:07 am

Dyson always has good selection of vacuum cleaners..such a big help especially if you have no house help with you.

BeemBo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by BeemBo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:29 am