Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby Estéema » Wed May 16, 2018 1:07 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Each member has about 10 boxes? Am I the odd one as I doubt my family has that much goodies to move.



:nailbite: I had abt 100 boxes. Hubby loads of stuff for his photography hobby; mine boxes of floral arrgmt tools, baking tools & accessories, cooking utensils, aromatherapy stuff, kids books, clothes for all seasons, boxes of shoes, computer accessories/applns/peripherals/books, houseful of decors, hubby's wine collection, hubby's variety of toolboxes & toiletries collections fr our travels. 2 more luggages that was not sent to Mynmar as missed last Dec's trip. Going to deliver this May mission trip before family holiday. Still some boxes left unpacked. Only ramage when we need.

After unpacking, I gave away all my boxes. Surprised many takers asking for it!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 am
Total Likes: 31


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby Estéema » Wed May 16, 2018 1:12 pm

janet88 wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Each member has about 10 boxes? Am I the odd one as I doubt my family has that much goodies to move.

Son has about 6 boxes of things. Daughter definitely more.
As of now, it’s 1.5 truckloads.
As the walkway to the carpark is long, there is $50 additional charge.
Estimated cost is $500.



That's a very reasonable charge. We had a big glass dinning table, glass coffee table, so paid for dismantling & insurance, can't rmbr what else but cost us >$1K for moving

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 am
Total Likes: 31


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby cherrygal » Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Janet
I feel real excited for you

Cherrygal
You will be moving house soon too?


Yes, Starlight :smile: . Later this year... after SA2. Hopefully can get things ready for a family party during Xmas season.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 14


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby cherrygal » Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 pm

---
Last edited by cherrygal on Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 14


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby janet88 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Estéema wrote:That's a very reasonable charge. We had a big glass dinning table, glass coffee table, so paid for dismantling & insurance, can't rmbr what else but cost us >$1K for moving

I find the quotation reasonable too...the beds need to be dismantled and assembled again.
we have an oval marble dining table with a heavy piece of glass.
then there is dryer, washing machine and 40'' tv, solid wood long side table.
thanks for advising me to ask for quotation early.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 39980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 126



Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby Estéema » Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 pm

janet88 wrote:
Estéema wrote:That's a very reasonable charge. We had a big glass dinning table, glass coffee table, so paid for dismantling & insurance, can't rmbr what else but cost us >$1K for moving

I find the quotation reasonable too...the beds need to be dismantled and assembled again.
we have an oval marble dining table with a heavy piece of glass.
then there is dryer, washing machine and 40'' tv, solid wood long side table.
thanks for advising me to ask for quotation early.



:dancing:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 am
Total Likes: 31


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby janet88 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 pm

cherrygal wrote:Yes very reasonable! Which mover is this (can pm me pls?)...
Does your quote include moving beds and sofa coz I know each piece can cost $60 - $80 to move or throw... Will you be getting new ones delivered?

New Charis
6483 3707
Quote includes dismantling and assembling of beds (double the cost for queen size bed).
if there is a long passageway/staircase, then there is additional $50.
not getting new beds...company goes by truckload.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 39980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 126


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby cherrygal » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 pm

janet88 wrote:New Charis
6483 3707
Quote includes dismantling and assembling of beds (double the cost for queen size bed).
if there is a long passageway/staircase, then there is additional $50.
not getting new beds...company goes by truckload.


Thanks Janet! All the best for your move :smile:

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 am
Total Likes: 14


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby janet88 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:29 pm

you are welcome cherrygal.

congrats to you too! i'm sure you are equally excited to be moving end of this year.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 39980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 126


Re: House Renovation - designers or ala-carte?

Postby janet88 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 am

shower screens not ready.
quartz kitchen tops need to be measured
installation of fans - 2moro
paint door frames - early next week
installation of venetian blinds
chemical wash before handing over

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 39980
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 126


PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Help

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres