All About Desktop Lamps

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

All About Desktop Lamps

Postby buzzmario » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Original Title: recom table lamp

hi i looking for a table lamp for my girl, mainly for her to use while do homw work. any brand for recommendation? 3m one is expensive and any other?

thanks

buzzmario
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Non-Flicker Desk Lamp

Postby Faun » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 am

I'd like to buy a non-flicker lamp for kids. Can anyone advise which type is the best.

Is 3M or Panasonic one better? Understand there's another brand called Koncept LED lamp which looks really cool.

Do they all use the same non-flicker technology?

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:03 am

the Panasonic one, white light, energy saving tube, adjustable angle and height, table mounted
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: All About Desktop Lamps

Postby Faun » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:51 pm

buzzmario wrote:Original Title: recom table lamp

hi i looking for a table lamp for my girl, mainly for her to use while do homw work. any brand for recommendation? 3m one is expensive and any other?

thanks

Hi buzzmario,

The panasonic one verykiasu mentioned is on sale at Isetan right now. The model SQT829 is pretty good and 168 selling for 128 while stock last. If the store has no stock you can order and they give free delivery. I'm not getting that though because dd prefers a smaller one but also panasonic.

Notice the panasonic light is quite warm but still cooler than the 3M one. I've decided to get the Koncept LED one for dh work table. LED lights emit very little heat.

Thanks verykiasu for info.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BigDevil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:24 pm

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby croydon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Faun wrote:
buzzmario wrote:Original Title: recom table lamp

thanks

Hi buzzmario,

The panasonic one verykiasu mentioned is on sale at Isetan right now. The model SQT829 is pretty good and 168 selling for 128 while stock last. If the store has no stock you can order and they give free delivery. I'm not getting that though because dd prefers a smaller one but also panasonic.

Notice the panasonic light is quite warm but still cooler than the 3M one. I've decided to get the Koncept LED one for dh work table. LED lights emit very little heat.

Interested to get either the 3M polarizing TL1000 or the Panasonic inverter lamp with dimmer, but would like to have a test on the lighting effect first.

Anybody know where can I find both items on display? I know 3M can be found easily in Best Denki or Popular, how about the Panasonic model, do they have it on display in Best Denki too? Or do they have both in Isetan, any idea?

thanks.

croydon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Faun » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:47 pm

croydon wrote:Interested to get either the 3M polarizing TL1000 or the Panasonic inverter lamp with dimmer, but would like to have a test on the lighting effect first.

Anybody know where can I find both items on display? I know 3M can be found easily in Best Denki or Popular, how about the Panasonic model, do they have it on display in Best Denki too? Or do they have both in Isetan, any idea?

thanks.

Not sure about Isetan, Best Denki has both.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby croydon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:10 am

Faun wrote:
croydon wrote:Interested to get either the 3M polarizing TL1000 or the Panasonic inverter lamp with dimmer, but would like to have a test on the lighting effect first.

thanks.

Not sure about Isetan, Best Denki has both.

I will go to the IMM Best denki to check it out this Saturday. thanks. :D

croydon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hope05 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 am

croydon wrote:
Faun wrote:Hi buzzmario,

Interested to get either the 3M polarizing TL1000 or the Panasonic inverter lamp with dimmer, but would like to have a test on the lighting effect first.

thanks.

Hi Croydon

Hi i am looking for a table lamp for my DS who has recently been diagnosed to have lazy eyes. Can i check with u where can i get hte Koncept LED light that u mentioned and is it good so far? Thanks..

Kelly

hope05
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Philips

Postby krazy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 am

Any idea how the Philips ones are in comparison to 3M?

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help