Can repair shrunk blouse?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Can repair shrunk blouse?

Postby Jennifer » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:27 pm

I used a dryer and my new cotton material blouse (supposed to line dry ony) came out shrunk :cry: How to "repair"? Pls HELP :pray:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Can repair shrunk blouse?

Postby schweppes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 am

Jennifer wrote:I used a dryer and my new cotton material blouse (supposed to line dry ony) came out shrunk :cry: How to "repair"? Pls HELP :pray:

Oh dear, must be "heart-pain" for u. Doubt that it can be "saved".

Don't think the shop will allow for exchange of item since the washing instruction indicates "line dry" only. :idea: How about going to a laundry shop and ask for advice?

Actually, something similar happened to me too. It was a new dress that shrank. In the end, decided to use it as a blouse instead :roll: :P

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Can repair shrunk blouse?

Postby Jennifer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 am

schweppes wrote:Oh dear, must be "heart-pain" for u. Doubt that it can be "saved".

Don't think the shop will allow for exchange of item since the washing instruction indicates "line dry" only. :idea: How about going to a laundry shop and ask for advice?

Actually, something similar happened to me too. It was a new dress that shrank. In the end, decided to use it as a blouse instead :roll: :P

:cry: :cry:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:40 am

From what i googled, the only way is to wet it; then stretch it and wear it till it is dry. May have to repeat a few times to get it into the right size and fit again.

Hanging to dry will not work as it will not be stretch correctly.

Then again, maybe you can wear that shrunken blouse at home, your hubby may just love it :wink: :siam:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm

tankee wrote:From what i googled, the only way is to wet it; then stretch it and wear it till it is dry. May have to repeat a few times to get it into the right size and fit again.

Hanging to dry will not work as it will not be stretch correctly.

Many thanks for the tip. Wld certainly try it out.

tankee wrote:Then again, maybe you can wear that shrunken blouse at home, your hubby may just love it :wink: :siam:

Very unlikely lah. Old couple already :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:52 pm

tankee wrote:
Then again, maybe you can wear that shrunken blouse at home, your hubby may just love it :wink: :siam:

:faint:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Domestic Help