Dedicated Maid Forum?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Should we have a new dedicated Maid Forum?

Yes
100%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 29

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:63

Post by autumnbronze » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 am

buds wrote:
Wud be creepy to read :

My name is Leticia. I'm from Phillipines. My employer is a b!^@#!!! :rant:
She wants me to peg the laundry with same colours on one pole and the
pole must oso be same colour. The clothes that i hang on the pink pole
must be pink clothes only and the pegs must oso be pink. :( You tell
Leticia... :siao: or not? She thinks i'm Montessorian issit? Every
work i do must colour coding? Sir say i cannot go bark cos he
will miss watching me hang laundry and wipe floor, so how?
:rotflmao: hilarious lah you sista!

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:109

Post by jtoh » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 am

buds wrote:
tankee wrote:dedicated forums for 25hourmaid :shock: :shock:

:wink: :siam:

I would say extend it to include domestic services like cleaning, plumbing, electrical, etc.
You better :siam: bro... before kenna whack with :heresmyfish:! :laugh:

Aniwaes, i also support your idea. Cover everything domestic as well.
Otherwise it is dedicated to only maid issues then it'd be domestic
help management. :| Mebbe someone should start new thread
that reads : How To Better Manage Your Domestic Helper.

And with this formation of a new forum, gotta pre-empt that there might
be helpers who "may" come in here and also give employers a piece or
rather many pieces of that mind of theirs too! :rant: it might read : All
About Crappy Employers! :!:

Wud be creepy to read :

My name is Leticia. I'm from Phillipines. My employer is a b!^@#!!! :rant:
She wants me to peg the laundry with same colours on one pole and the
pole must oso be same colour. The clothes that i hang on the pink pole
must be pink clothes only and the pegs must oso be pink. :( You tell
Leticia... :siao: or not? She thinks i'm Montessorian issit? Every
work i do must colour coding? Sir say i cannot go bark cos he
will miss watching me hang laundry and wipe floor, so how?

I voted for yes, for when i go into the chit chat forum you see the All Abt
Maids thread usually on top! :idea:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, don't laugh. I know of someone who's like that. All his clothes in his wardrobe must be colour-coded.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by kaitlynangelica » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:48 am

auntieM wrote:Great idea! :salute:
Me for it too! :wink:

Hi ,

Can someone advise me what the maid levy charges will be like? I am now paying $170. Am I right to say that after our kids turn 12, it reverts back to $345?

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Maid Levy

Post by AgnesMM » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:21 am

Found this in the MOM website. Read on ....

Levy
A FDW levy of $265 (normal) or $170 (concession) is to be paid by employers at the end of each month. Levy charges begin one day after she arrives in Singapore. For a first-time FDW, the levy will begin on the fourth day of her arrival (excluding the day of arrival).

Levy payments should be made via GIRO. The FDW’s Work Permit will be cancelled if you fail to maintain a valid GIRO account. The levy for each month is payable by the employer at the end of each month. The payment due date is the 14th (for manual payment) or 17th (for GIRO payment) of the following month. If the 17th is a non-working day, the deduction will be made on the next working day.

If you wish to view your levy bills online, you can register for the Internet Foreign Worker Levy Billing System (iFWLB).

Consequences of Non-payment of Levy

If payment is not made on time, one or more of the following measures may be taken:

A late payment penalty will be charged.
Existing Work Permits will be cancelled.
The employer will not be allowed to apply for new Work Permits or renew his existing Work Permits.
Legal proceedings will be taken to recover the unpaid levy liability.

Levy Concession

You can apply for a levy concession for up to two FDWs if you satisfy any of the following conditions:

Condition A

The employer or spouse has a child who is a Singapore citizen and below 12 years old living with him/her
The employer or spouse has a grandchild who is a Singapore citizen and below 12 years old living with him/her
Condition B

The employer or co-residing spouse is a Singapore Citizen aged 65 years or above
The employer or spouse is a Singapore Citizen and the other party is a Singapore Permanent Resident aged 65 years or above, both of whom live at the same registered address as in the NRIC.
Condition C

The employer or spouse has a parent, parent-in-law, grandparent or grandparent-in-law who is a Singapore Citizen aged 65 years or above, living with them at the same registered address as in the NRIC
The employer or spouse is a Singapore Citizen and has a parent, parent-in-law, grandparent or grandparent-in-law who is a Singapore Permanent Resident aged 65 years or above, living with them at the same registered address as in the NRIC.
Condition D

Employers with disabilities or who have family members with disabilities and require a full-time caregiver's assistance in daily activities (washing/bathing, feeding, going to the toilet, dressing and mobility). For more information on the eligibility criteria and application procedures, please visit the website of the Centre for Enabled Living.

Note:

For Conditions A(i) and B: - The employer is not required to apply for the levy concession as long as details of all family members living in the same household are provided in the Work Permit application.

For Conditions A(ii) and C(ii): - The employer is not required to apply for levy concession as long as details of all family members living in the same household are provided in the Work Permit application made on or after 1 January 2006.

For Condition C(i): - The employer is not required to apply for levy concession as long as details of all family members living in the same household are provided in the Work Permit application made on or after 1 August 2004.

Please allow up to two weeks for the application to be processed. The outcome will be mailed to the employer. The foreign worker levy will be reviewed annually and adjusted if necessary.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... .aspx#levy

darling_sunshine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by darling_sunshine » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:12 pm

i like the idea. It could be a place to exchange view & comments on maids. Esp those who perform poorly, we need to protect all parents out there with children. We can't afford to let maids hurt them.

Cos from past experience, employers do not want to comments on their maids cos they want their $$ back. Not realising that it's a vicious circle.

Keenweng2001
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Dedicated Maid Forum?

Post by Keenweng2001 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Support ++ , maid forum is needed . I have come across a caregiver who passed the body check in Philippines, FIT to work but with remarks need to take medication on her clearance letter . Most of the employer will not ask for the clearance letter and leave it to the agency to decide . This may bring us alot of problem in the future especially Singapore medical is so expensive and the maid only entitled to class b or b1 (no subsi)