Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

Postby Awonder » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi, I'm the unlucky one as my Philipino maid went back home after 2 years and called me that she is not coming back.

Now really doubt if I really need a maid but this few days had been real busy for me as I hv 3 kids so decided to get one for another 2 more years to help out.

Could anyone know of any good maid agency to recommend? Thank you.

Awonder
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby peapot » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Wa!! this question is a tough one. I often ask this question too. Most of the maid agencies are really just out to make money. When there's no problem with your maid, then you may find the agency not too bad. But once you have problem with your maid, you will start to have problem with the agency as well!

The best suggestion I suppose is to visit MOM website and look into agencies with the highest retention rate and lowest transfer rate. Now there seems to be a demand due to shortage of bio-data, so perhaps it would good if you try to look into a few agencies instead of focusing on one.

Good Luck!

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:10 pm

How to get that stats from MOM site?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

Postby cody » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 pm

U can try this one:
www.target.com.sg

Look for Ricky Ho (he's the boss), his tel number is 9006 3853.
if not, you can talk to his filipino staff as well.

Agency fee is $488; some may say its rather high but so far the service i rec'd has been good.

Disclaimer: i am NOT related to this company or its staff in ANY way.

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 pm

at least she called.

heard of cases the maid just did not return, wasted trip to airport, wasted reaction time to source for new one.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

Postby DesertWind » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Awonder wrote: Could anyone know of any good maid agency to recommend? Thank you.

Hi Awonder,

Depends on what is your definition of a good maid agency?

Because a good maid agency does not equal a good maid & vice-versa.

For me, I go for a LARGE maid agency so that it won't close down on me and would have better admin. procedures and experience etc. So far I got 2 good maids from there so to me I suppose I would say it is a good agency although not all may agree. I did not shop around for maid agencies which charge the lowest fees because that was not my main criteria.

I use Nations. You can go to their website to check out the maid's bio-data online and see if you like any of them and call and ask. They have already up the maid's salary to SGD450.

All the best!
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Awonder » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:51 am

Hi, thanks for all your recommendation. I had just pop into this Ricky's maid agency at Far East and he had arranged a maid to our place for interview. Sadly, she dont want to work for us and the reason given was we had 3 kids.

I had always empathize all these maids who leave their homeland and love ones to come here to work to earn more money for their love ones back home and I really treat my previous maid like part of my family, but after 2 years, I find that the scene now had change drastically. After we interview about 5 maids, I am beginning to change my view of them. They are no longer desperate to find work here and instead of they asking, "can you please employ me?", now its the other way round of us asking, "do you want to work for us?" and you dont get immediately response from them.

I was wondering, dont they know the job requirement here before coming over working as a domestic helper? and they should be make known that their prospective employer is someone like me who desperately need help as my husband often travel also, family with both parents working and taking care of the elderly. Dont tell me they are just expecting to walk the dog.

I am trying to be more rationale towards this issue and also knew that they also have the right to choose, but I also thought that since they desperately need money back home, they should take up any job offer to them since they came a long way. I am really fine with anyone as long as their bio-data "tick" that they can take care of toddle and do housework. Even when we apply for job, we would tell the interviewer that I am willing to learn. This is what my previous maid said to me many times during the interview 2 years back but now not a single one said that clause.

I really applause those employer who let their maid dancing through the night at Orchard road, ya, you may said, they have the freedom and yes they need to relax too. Well I'm quite OK with that but that had really let them spoilt for choice. Although they come to Singapore to work but they are not looking for singaporean employer.

Of course not all maid are like that as my previous maid was indeed very hardworking but I am still not that lucky to meet another one yet. Now I had lost confidence of Philipino maid and probably would try to look for Indonesian maid instead but still not known how is their attitude.

The above is strictly just my point of view. I love my country and I really dont like to see what I had seen and hope that the agency can be more responsible and bring in those foreign workers that geniuely wants to work.

Awonder
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby peapot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 pm

AAwonder,sounds like you are not Singaporean? Actually maid choosing employers is not a first. It was all over newspaper that they are the ones who set the criteria.

Most maids don't want to work for families with babies and old people and big houses. They only want school going children,so that in the afternoon nobody at home. If the maid has this mindset, its better for you not to take them because they may not be happy working for you and it will cause alot of problem later on.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:24 pm

I agree if maid is choosy in the begining dunno wat will happen later... so better you also dont chose these kinda maids

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Awonder » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi, I am a singaporean and thats why I dont like what I had seem and the agency shouldn't bring in all this useless maid who just want to enjoy life here and lie to us that they need to earn money, probably just because of our currency.

Its not only just the maid that set the criteria but we have families here that need such kind of maid too, I suppose. If no demand, no supply.

Anyway, its good that I knew of such kind of maid and would definitely won't engage them.

Awonder
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help