LEARNConcierge

Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Re: Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

Postby peppercorn88 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:03 am

anyway if you're going to UC intending to hire a filipino maid soon, hopefully u wont come across a 23 y/o lady from cagayan. shes full of lies and will always use her crying drama to get what she wants.

peppercorn88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby peppercorn88 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 am

seems UC has 1 standard story for all returned filipino maids - they all came from employer with 3-storey house. all houses in SG are 3 storeys high i guess.

peppercorn88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Shufeng » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello, I am new in the group! Just learnt there is other ways than going through agencies which are expensive.
There are websites with possibilities with direct hire: you post the job ad and then receive some resumes from applicants. You select who to interview and confirm directly with the maid. Or you can go though the website with all the profiles database to search the ones you need.
It costs around 200$

The website is called "helperplace".

Shufeng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Bad Agency: Carlton resources

Postby Mandy Lee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm

I had similar bad experience with Calvin of Carlton Resources (Katong Shopping Centre)! His way of selling transferred maid is to blame it on the ex-employer. His famous statements are 她是聪明的,会做工的,以前的雇主有问题。Please don't believe in his lies.

Check out MOM website on employer agency demerit points, Carlton has 18 demerit points (June 18). 24 points and it is end of story! He removed his company website because there were too many negative reviews in google.

Find an agency with good MOM grade, from MOM website.
:xedfingers:

Mandy Lee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sankprs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 pm

There are several agencies available in Singapore who provide the maid services but personally i used the sghomeneeds in year 2015 as it suggested by one of the my office colleague. you can check about their services online too. we hire them for our kids as we couldn't have time in morning for our kids so we hired them. They are in high demand and their prices is quite fair. Here you can also directly contact them.
https://sghomeneeds.com/best-maid-agencies-in-singapore

sankprs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Estéema » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 pm

DIY to select online helpers can both be a very tiring & frustrating process.

We've went thro numerous interviews, but 90% do not come honest; they want high salary & not pay agent.

All the helpers in Spore, who are looking for eyers do not get release papers & they're not aware that they've to hv at least 30 days or more to get MOM's transfer approval even if their current eyer sign the release for transfer paper. This means one hv to be very disappointed & wait for the helper to complete contract, or sent home before u can apply for her new WP & buy her air-tic back to Spore.

Many, esp the pino & Indo and I've encountered one Mynmar helper (had >8 years exp in Spore) wants weekly Sundays rest-day. Be aware most want it for change of eyer bcoz current eyer do not give weekly off-days, but they want for moonlighting (cleaning in other households to earn better money).

I'll still advise try to ask ard yr frds for transfer helpers that come recommended. Usually, singles or families who employed helpers for elderly care but elderly passed away & they don't need the helper.

Abv sharing based on my personal experiences with online maid selection.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby charusharma » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 pm

i think sometimes having a good maid is purely luck. surely i am one of them. If you are looking a reliable and trusted maid agency in Singapore, look no further than sghomeneeds as i already used their services two times and will be taken in future too :)

charusharma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

i think sometimes having a good maid is purely luck. surely i am one of them. If you are looking a reliable and trusted maid agency in Singapore, look no further than sghomeneeds as i already used their services two times and will be taken in future too :)

charusharma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

charusharma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

charusharma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Help

LEARNConcierge