Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
jean503
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Any Recommendation of a Good Maid Agency

Post by jean503 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 am

Nation Human Resource Pte Ltd (21 Hougang St 51, #02-28 Hougang Green Shopping Mall) misrepresented FDW biodata

I was a very satisfied customer of Nation Human Resource Pte Ltd at Hougang Green Shopping Mall till very recently.

I hired a FDW in Nov18 based on biodata presented by Nation, which stated that the FDW had 3 years work experience taking care of young children and can do all round house work. This met my criteria, as I needed a FDW to take care of 2 of my children, aged 2 and 4, and do general housework. The FDW arrived in early Feb19, but asked to leave after barely 2 weeks, citing reason that she 'cannot handle the young children', she was 'unhappy', and she wanted to ‘change employer’. In fact, our family was away for 5 days during those 2 weeks she was with us, and we didn’t burden her with any babysitting or housework during those 5 days. Upon returning from our short trip, since she claimed that she ‘cannot handle the young children, we delegated the babysitting to another FDW and left her with just general housework to do. We tried to accommodate her work preferences, but all she wanted was to ‘go back to the agency’.

We were wondering if the FDW is homesick, but it turned out that she LIED about her work experience. She did not have experience doing proper housework nor taking care of young children (not her own). She came from the squatters and was not used to cleaning the house. She confessed to my other FDW that the Philippines agency told her to lie about her work experience. That’s probably the main reason why she asked to leave – she is not used to working at all. Nation failed to verify accuracy of this FDW’s biodata, which is not why I’m writing this feedback. What I cannot accept is that Nation did NOTHING to rectify the situation when I confronted them about this falsified biodata – no proper explanation was given, no assistance was rendered in getting a replacement FDW, no goodwill was extended in absorbing the additional costs due to their partner’s malpractice.

When I sent the FDW back to the agency, I was owed >$1000 unpaid loan from this FDW who did not serve her contract. Today, I was asked to pay for yet another $700 for a replacement FDW who is a candidate referred by myself. Not to mention the$15 per day lodging fee that I had to pay for the dishonest FDW till she finds her new employer.

I am utterly disappointed with Nation’s way of handling this matter. The FDW wouldn’t have been hired if she did not have the right experience that I was looking for. This fraudulent practice has caused me a great deal of monetary loss and inconvenience, all at my own expense. Nation is a reputable agency and this is definitely not the service level that I’d expected.

Sam-wong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Sam-wong » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 pm

I have also tried many agencies before. I would recommend the agency i am using currently, Best Helper @ Amk, they were always there when i faced problems with my helper. Look for Mr Phng, very good after service. Good luck.

Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Michy79 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am

Sam-wong wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 pm
I have also tried many agencies before. I would recommend the agency i am using currently, Best Helper @ Amk, they were always there when i faced problems with my helper. Look for Mr Phng, very good after service. Good luck.
Thanks for sharing, I may need to contact them asap. :celebrate:

Yu Xuan Tan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Yu Xuan Tan » Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi mummies ! I am here to check out all of your recommendation for maid agency. I was actually referred by a friend to check out https://ablebest.com.sg/ . They agency seems great but Im just wondering if anyone have any comments on them before I actually drop them a message. Still keeping my options open so feel free to advice me.

Tingmummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tingmummy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Yu Xuan Tan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Hi mummies ! I am here to check out all of your recommendation for maid agency. I was actually referred by a friend to check out https://ablebest.com.sg/ . They agency seems great but Im just wondering if anyone have any comments on them before I actually drop them a message. Still keeping my options open so feel free to advice me.
Hi Yu Xuan, i hope im not too late in replying this post. My maid is from them. If you want advice of the agency itself, I would say they are pretty great. Patience with you and not pushy. However, If you want advice on the maid they bring in, I'm no expert since i've only had 1 maid from them. I guess maids are just pure luck if u get a good ones (Or bad). But im sure agency tries to find good ones and Able Best doesn't lie about the maids profile definitely. I wish you all the best.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Mon May 27, 2019 10:22 am

Tingmummy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 pm
Yu Xuan Tan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Hi Yu Xuan, i hope im not too late in replying this post. My maid is from them. If you want advice of the agency itself, I would say they are pretty great. Patience with you and not pushy. However, If you want advice on the maid they bring in, I'm no expert since i've only had 1 maid from them. I guess maids are just pure luck if u get a good ones (Or bad). But im sure agency tries to find good ones and Able Best doesn't lie about the maids profile definitely. I wish you all the best.
Hi Yu Xuan Tan, able best is a good agency with a reliable data of their maids. However, for the maid itself it's not a guarantee that you'll get the best one. Maids are just human, and can certainly shift to different attitude when they want to, Good luck in finding the right maid!

cassandrawpy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by cassandrawpy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm

In the past, I engaged full time maid but it wasn't a great experience. Most of the time the maid is skiving as my home is empty since both my husband and I work.

I feel that it is better to engage part time helper as it is cheaper and I am able to leave my house in the hands of the trained professionals when Im chilling at home during the weekend.

if any parents are interested, I strongly recommend TCASG as their point of contact, Jimmy has been very accommodating and efficient in sending me the right helper. Currently engaging their helper Hansika, veryy efficient lady and reliable. Jimmy number is 96279165 if any of you are keen.

karenysl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by karenysl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi everyone, i just want to share my personal experience engaging helper at agency. I have hired my helper through CONNEXUS EMPLOYMENT HUB , located at Katong shopping centre.
At first , im afraid hire filipino coz a lot of bad feedback from my colleague , like difficult control, demanding, HP problem....etc. I seek for my maid agency for help to look for helper, my agent has explain to me the 3 different nationality helper ( indonesian , filipino and myanmar).
After speak with my agent, im still prefer to hire filipino to work for my family. My current filipino helper work for me almost 6 months. My Filipino helper is very good, helpful and polite. Is true, we have to select right agent and suitable helper, My Agent Mr Dennis from CONNEXUS EMPLOYMENT HUB is very experience agent. He will match and filter the suitable helper for us. If your interested, you can call my agent at 69048533 for enquirer about domestic helper.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 am

I think it's not about the nationality when hiring a helper.. if that person has a good track record on her previous work it still not a guarantee she will be good by the time she's with you. I had a bad experience with hiring a maid from an agency.. but if you have an agent who knows how to read people and can give you the most suitable helper that would be a great help.

BestinSingapore
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by BestinSingapore » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

We created our complete guide to the 8 Top Maid Agencies in Singapore for exactly this reason - https://www.bestinsingapore.co/top-maid ... singapore/! Hope it is helpful and please let me know if you have any feedback!

Most appreciated.