All About Maid's passport renewal

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

All About Maid's passport renewal

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi, have anybody renewed your Philipino's maid's passport yourself, without the help of agency (as i think they charge a bomb)? how do you go about doing it and how much is the fee? does employer need to pay it if we want to renew her work permit as well?

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 30plus » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I have done before. This link has all info on what are the things necessary.

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/co ... n-renewal/

Nothing special. Just queue and queue. Their queuing system is quite messy. The good thing is they open Sun to Thur. The bad thing is Sun very crowded. Who pay for the cost is the arrangement between you and the maid. If go through agent, it costs about 350.

30plus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks, 30plus. Appreciate your help. Very detailed and clear link too. So we just need to pay S$102 for the renewal rather than S$350 thr the agency. And website says "only applicants shall be allowed". So did you let your maid renew herself? how long does she have to wait?

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:14 pm

we submitted the documents on one day and returned another to collect.

but i do know that there was no parking available and if you park along the road be ready to get traffic fines any moment. (well that was like a few years ago, so maybe there is parking now - but really doubt so).

oh yeah, we paid for all the fees.

i find doing it myself though cheaper a troublesome task. but luckily ex maid was very efficient, so she got everything ready, i just signed, paid and sent.

first time is troublesome but 2nd time will be easier. just remember to keep all documents yourself.
Last edited by LOLMum on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tigger88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:17 pm

I talked to an agent and was told that it is difficult to renew the passport on our own (i dunno how true) and we need this "Valid employment contract authenticated by the Philippine Embassy" for renewal.

Anyone knows what is this contract?

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 30plus » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Koalamummy: I did it 2 years back. We all can go in at that time. Not sure now. But seems the guard is tougher on their own country man than local people.

LOLmum: No. The parking is still mad.

tigger88: I think you refer to the home visit. Yes. DIY is more troublesome but it is cheaper. For that contract, I just told my maid it is a fake one. If you do not want to cooperate, I do not bother to help you as well. Some people just change maid every 2 years to save this trouble. By renewing her contract, she actually save a lot money as well.

30plus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tigger88 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

30plus wrote:tigger88: I think you refer to the home visit. Yes. DIY is more troublesome but it is cheaper. For that contract, I just told my maid it is a fake one. If you do not want to cooperate, I do not bother to help you as well. Some people just change maid every 2 years to save this trouble. By renewing her contract, she actually save a lot money as well.

Hi 30plus, nope, I am referring to the renewal of passport. Saw from the Philippines website that for renewal, I need to produce this ""Valid employment contract authenticated by the Philippine Embassy".

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 30plus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 pm

tigger88: it seems they have changed the requirement. basically it wastes more money to get that authenticated contract. but if you have done it, you save back next time when the maid go back for home visit.

30plus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby newmorning » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

I am looking into DIY passport renewal or through an agency. I had enquired at some agencies; it costs about $400 to S$450 for Home Leave + Passport Renewal. Passport Renewal alone is just as much. Might as well do home leave application at the same time, but thing is passport expiry might be way earlier! :(

Is there also a certain clause that we cannot DIY home leave if the maid is with us for less than two years? I am actually not too sure if it is home leave application that we cannot DIY or not?

newmorning
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tigger88 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:14 pm

30plus wrote:tigger88: it seems they have changed the requirement. basically it wastes more money to get that authenticated contract. but if you have done it, you save back next time when the maid go back for home visit.

I have no choice but to get that contract if I need to renew my maid's passport right? Hmm..she went back for home leave 2 years ago. Does it mean that at that time we already have authenticated the contract? The home leave application/documentation are done by agency so I din bother to check what were the documents required back then.

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help