All About : Maid Ran Away

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

All About : Maid Ran Away

Postby yuanyuan mama » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:41 am

Hi all,

My friend's Indonesian maid ran away to Indonesia Embassy claiming the tasks given to much and beyond what she can handle. But in fact the task is cleaning, cooking and child minding occasiaonally, proper rest and food are given. Is this beyond what a helper can handle?

Now that she ran to embassy, does my friend need to liaise with the agency first and seek mediation between the 2 or inform MOM the case and cancel her WP first?

We don't know what the maid would do now, either wanting to go back or get transferred. What should my friend expect to do?

If the maid made up lies being mistreated by my friend, what can my friend do to protect herself? Complaint to MOM? Hope to get your advice and thank you in advance. First time to encounter this.

yuanyuan mama
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Help! My maid ran away with her luaggage

Postby marmum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Any advise for me? Made a police report and informed the agency this morning. Agency asked me to wait for news. So what about my loan? Can I get a full refund from agency? Anyone have experience this before? Pls advise.

marmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Indonesia maid ran away to Embassy, what should I do fir

Postby marmum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Am on the same boat; maid ran away but her whereabouts are unknown till now. I made a police report and informed the agency. Now waiting for news.

marmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Try calling the embassy to find out if the runaway maid is there, or if the embassy knows of where she may have run to. Maids usually run away to the same few places, ie shelters for maids etc. MOM won't be of much help.

Question is, if you cancel the work permit, and the maid isn't repatriated, are you liable for her if she overstays?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

jtoh wrote:Try calling the embassy to find out if the runaway maid is there, or if the embassy knows of where she may have run to. Maids usually run away to the same few places, ie shelters for maids etc. MOM won't be of much help.

Question is, if you cancel the work permit, and the maid isn't repatriated, are you liable for her if she overstays?

i think the employer is liable if the maid overstays

tankee
Site Admin

Re: All About : Maid Ran Away

Postby mummymaid » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Once work permit is cancelled, employer must send maid home at yr own costs!
Once WP cancelled, levy and insurance stops. Note: insurance refund is cap at 80% even if yr maid worked 1hr in yr household.

Most runaways like to hide in HOME cos they offer unlimited shelter, friends and free food.

Yr problem maid has to be replaced by yr agency as most agencies offer free replacement. Most agencies will shake legs and not help find missing maids. They take ages to give you replacement. Some eat 50% of your pre-paid loan. Nicer ones will channel the money to the new replacement. Agencies will stop u from making police reports and persuade u to find maid, return to them (so that they can recycle such a s s holes by sponging on other unlucky employer).

If you are lucky to be holding yr maid's passport and money, use her money to kick her back home. Blacklist her by providing her data to the not-so-good-MOM. MOM and all the organsations stood firmly & blindly behind the maids, EVEN though maids are obviously in the wrong!! :P :x

Write an official email to yr agency and cc MOM, AEAS or CASE and your MP. Having email cc to MP usually give agency some pressure to do work. :pray: :?:

In case u have not noticed, most runaways and maids found ill-treating children are from Indonesia. Do a google search or visit http://maid-employer.webs.com

mummymaid
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:32 pm

mummymaid wrote:In case u have not noticed, most runaways and maids found ill-treating children are from Indonesia. Do a google search or visit http://maid-employer.webs.com

I am concerned... this site contains info which we put in KSP and it just took it without letting us know why is it so?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummymaid » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:35 pm

LKVM wrote:
mummymaid wrote:In case u have not noticed, most runaways and maids found ill-treating children are from Indonesia. Do a google search or visit http://maid-employer.webs.com

I am concerned... this site contains info which we put in KSP and it just took it without letting us know why is it so?

you didn't notice there's a source link so everybody knows KSP and other sites were the origin :?

mummymaid
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:41 pm

mummymaid wrote:
LKVM wrote:

you didn't notice there's a source link so everybody knows KSP and other sites were the origin :?

I did see that but then I dont think its correct to take the information without letting it know

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jh_mumloveu » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:44 am

Need help, I've the same problem as above, & my agency only can refund 50% of pro loan. So I called MOM & they said if not the abuse cases they not involve & suggest me just send her away, and also called to AEAS they ask me to accept the 50% refund & told me is good deal & also is market rate. Is there anyone have this experience before, really appreciate ksp here can advise what to do? Can I get the full refund from agency? Looking forward to hear from ksp here & thank you so much.

jh_mumloveu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help