Invisible Grille

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Invisible Grille

Postby tankee » Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 pm

anyone here using invisible grille from either one of these companies

http://www.invisiblegrille.com.sg/

http://www.le-grille.com/

do you or your maid face challenges in cleaning the windows with such grilles?

how much did you paid for yours?

:smile:

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Invisible Grille

Postby omgmum » Tue May 17, 2011 2:23 am

I didn't get them done, but I did get le-grille to quote me a few years. I can't remember but I think it was about $1k odd for 6 panes of window. Sorry, not able to give you the exact quote and the measurements.

I decided to use normal ones cos the invisible grilles are fixed and cannot be opened. I told the salesperson that it would be difficult to clean the windows and his reply was that they could make the gaps between the grilles wider. :p

Feel that the invisible grilles are more suitable for windowless balconies. They aren't very secure cos they can be cut with a wire cutter, so are better used on higher floors.

You can try getting them to do a site survey and quote for your place. The guy I got was quite nice and wasn't pushy at all. But then again, that was some time ago.

omgmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Tue May 17, 2011 9:50 am

Thanks omgmum.

We are exploring this as alternate to normal grilles, for the safety of DS. Not for securing the premise. In fact we are thinking of having it only on the lower portion of the windows.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby omgmum » Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Oic. Then maybe you can consider the invisible grilles if you can solve the issue of cleaning the windows. The thing is you can still clean the windows, it'll just be more challenging.

If I remember correctly, the grilles don't come in a frame like the normal grilles, and are attached to the walls. So if you want to have them only for the lower part of the windows, they'll probably do horizontal grilles for you from one end of the wall to the other end of the walls.

Hope that helps!

omgmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby godaddy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 am

I got mine from http://www.legate.com.sg/

Couple of months back they had a promotion. I did it for living room and the 3 bedrooms. My kitchen is left without grilles.

Total cost was less than $1K. Quite good deal. Not sure they still have it or not.

Well, grilles are grilles, nothing beats the unblock view. Since safety for my toddler comes first, thus we decided to install it (else my mum will nag).

Better than normal iron grilles or aluminum grilles.

One negative point, cannot open it. Meaning, after installing, you are "jailed" in your house.

To open it, use a wire cutter and there goes your $$$.

godaddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tankee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:36 am

wow ! that's cheap as compared to the quotes I received.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tigger88 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 am

hi tankee,

My invisible grille was done about 1 year ago by Legate. About 2.4k for living room and 3 bedrooms.

tigger88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby happy2bemummy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:19 am

I wanted to do invisible grilles as my balcony is the windowless kind but in the end decided not to as the grilles are not really invisible, when you are inside the house, you can still see the lines. Spoils the look. And it is hard to clean.

happy2bemummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:45 am

tigger88 wrote:hi tankee,

My invisible grille was done about 1 year ago by Legate. About 2.4k for living room and 3 bedrooms.

the quotes I received are more expensive, due to a corner window that they need to add some brackets.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am

happy2bemummy wrote:I wanted to do invisible grilles as my balcony is the windowless kind but in the end decided not to as the grilles are not really invisible, when you are inside the house, you can still see the lines. Spoils the look. And it is hard to clean.

ya .... aesthetic versus safety :sad:

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Domestic Help