All About Multiple Maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

All About Multiple Maids

Postby baby lover » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi there,

I'm new on this website, just wanna get some advice...

I'm a mother of 3 & have an Indon maid now, thought of getting sn additional maid, but dunno to choose Myanmar or another Indon?

Haiz... anybody has any advice or any exp with 2 maids?
:lol:

baby lover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Need another maid...

Postby MrsSeah » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Depend on whether u r comfortable with 2 maids from the same country. I have 2 maids in my house. Both r Filipino. The good points is I find them very cooperative. Very good friend. Hence, can help each other in the work they do. The bad point is they always speak at their language which I couldn't understand. My dd hated it because she is very sensitive, she always feel they are talking about her. LOL!

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:57 pm

If they're from the same country they'll be able to communicate and help each other better. If they're from different countries, they'll face problems communicating and may not get along.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby baby lover » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 pm

yep, I'm worried that they may gang up with each other & speak in their own language! well.. I think I will get a Myanmar maid ba.. now I'm not sure if I should let my Indon know first or wait till the day the Myanmar arrives? Is it good to prepare my current one first?

Btw MrsSeah, how do u allocate the jobs for 2 maids?

baby lover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby LKVM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 pm

baby lover wrote:yep, I'm worried that they may gang up with each other & speak in their own language! well.. I think I will get a Myanmar maid ba.. now I'm not sure if I should let my Indon know first or wait till the day the Myanmar arrives? Is it good to prepare my current one first?

Btw MrsSeah, how do u allocate the jobs for 2 maids?

i feel its good to have from 2 different country bah

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby preggie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I have 2 maids. One filipino and one indonesian. I think it all depends on chemistry. My previous Indonesian maid could not get along with the filipino and create alot of trouble for me. She was jealous and would tell my neighbour's maid that we are unfair and treat the filipino better than her. Life is alot peaceful now after she went back. Peace has restored in my household as the indonesian left and i employed a new one.

preggie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 3Boys » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 pm

My guess is that one ought to maximise the opportunity for both of the maids to get along. If they are going to bicker, does not matter if they come from the same country or not, but to get 2 maids from differing backgrounds and perhaps limited ability to communicate with each other, merely makes things worse, in my view.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MintyMin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 pm

May i know watz the criteria to have 2 maids in a hsehold?

MintyMin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cher_06 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:41 pm

same nationality they tend to help each other out and cover each other. Even same nationality will not get along esp if one has been in the household for very long. Unless they are relatives, better to get different nationality.

cher_06
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: All About Multiple Maids

Postby JusticeBao » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 am

You are so lucky....

JusticeBao
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help