need help! maid employer card/

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

need help! maid employer card/

Postby KiasuuMom » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:21 am

hi guys, i really need your help on this.

recently I've had a fallout with my domestic helper. during the talk with her she mentioned she wanted to return home and not work here any longer.

a few weeks later i send her back to the agency. her contract is not due by the way.

about a week later the agency said the domestic helper will be working with another employer in Singapore.

Now the agency is asking for the domestic helper's employer card which is kept by me.
my question is:
1) the agency is probably going to give the employer card to the new employer with my name on it as the employer. is that legal?
2) what am i suppose to do with the employer card as i do not intend to employ any domestic help in the near future.

[color=#000000]your response to another kiasu mom is greatly appreciated.[/color] :oops:

KiasuuMom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: need help! maid employer card/

Postby peapot » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

What is employer card?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:52 am

Is it the work permit card? If thats the case yes you must return it to the the MOM

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:49 am

What's an employer card? If you're referring to the work permit card, yes, you have to return that to the maid.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ccelyn » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Kiasuumom,

1) the agency is probably going to give the employer card to the new employer with my name on it as the employer. is that legal? (the agency will not give the work permit card with your name to the next employer. the agency will return the work permit card with your name to MOM and will apply a new work permit card with new employer name for your maid)
2) what am i suppose to do with the employer card as i do not intend to employ any domestic help in the near future.
(you have to return to MOM directly at 18 haverlock road or return to the agency who will return to MOM. if you keep the card for more than 1 month after your maid has been transferred out to new employer, MOM will write a letter to remind you to return this card to them.)

ccelyn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunny_side_up » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:06 pm

you have the right not to let the maid transfer ie. if she has finish paying her loan already. If yes, cancel her work permit online yourself and buy her a ticket and ask the agency to send her to airport for u.

sunny_side_up
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help