diy at home?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

diy at home?

Postby LOLMum » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 am

anyone likes to diy at home?

i made my own mosquito net (ugly but usable) for windows and am trying to sew/made my own patchwork table cloth to cover up drawings on kids' table. also diy tissue boxes into pretty holders for things.

when in school, my friends and i wrapped the paper bags with our favourite magazine posters etc, punch holes for handles, turning them into 1 of a kind carriers.

i enjoy reading and getting ideas from diy books especially the japanese and taiwanese mags/books.

my dad was really good with his hands. he can make simple table and chairs, bamboo curtain, cupboards, gates etc with the woods and stuff he bought. used to watch him at work and i definitely doing diy then cooking. :wink:

anyone has any diy ideas to share?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: diy at home?

Postby b2b3m4 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Eh... mine quite lame. Dun even think considered DIY.

1. Use shoe boxes and chopstick to make toy cupboards for dd to hang her Barbie dolls' dresses

2. For my little kiddo, who still wet herself at night. She doesn't own a pillow. She only has pillow cases. Stuff the cases with nappy cloth and send all to wash when wet.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LOLMum » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 pm

oh, i tried using shoe boxes as storage too. tried stacking them in cupboard but because of the different box sizes, wasted more space.

i saw in a book, how this japanese cut out carton boxes, cardbox (for fridge, tv) and made into a cupboard. very interesting.

the nappy cloth is interesting. didnt think of it.

i am also cutting those long receipts from ntuc etc into small pieces to use as note pads.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JusticeBao » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 am

How many mos can it catch?

JusticeBao
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:54 am

b2b3m4 wrote:2. For my little kiddo, who still wet herself at night. She doesn't own a pillow. She only has pillow cases. Stuff the cases with nappy cloth and send all to wash when wet.

Such a good idea. :smile:

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zanonbu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:46 am

MrsSeah wrote:
b2b3m4 wrote:2. For my little kiddo, who still wet herself at night. She doesn't own a pillow. She only has pillow cases. Stuff the cases with nappy cloth and send all to wash when wet.

Such a good idea. :smile:

Excellent idea, I might steal it :)

Zanonbu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mgnvr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:08 am

We like to DIY at home if we cannot find anything suitable in the retail shops. Our best project is to modify the Ike's changing table. We bought The Sniglar change table and Trofast storage boxes. Screw the drawer holders on the top and voila we have 2 drawers to the change table for storage and handy access to baby items.

mgnvr
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby CactusInDesert » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 am

For a moment, I thought what DIY you are asking about... :lol:

CactusInDesert
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LOLMum » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 am

JusticeBao wrote:How many mos can it catch?

Doesn't catch mosquito but prevent them from flying into house. Lizards and roaches too.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 am

CactusInDesert wrote:For a moment, I thought what DIY you are asking about... :lol:

Naughty you :spank:
:evil:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help