books arrangement

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

books arrangement

Postby LOLMum » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:18 pm

:?: :?: :?:

i have so many kids books that i have absolutely no idea how to arrange them properly. tried arranging according to subject, size etc, but always searching for that one book we want at that very moment.

come in different shapes and sizes, hard cover, paperback, thin and thick, some with popped out pictures, fiction, non fiction. you name it, we have it...... :faint:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: books arrangement

Postby cnimed » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:49 pm

I arrange according to fiction/non-fiction, English/Chinese, height, and for each child. Ocos books by the same authors or belonging to the same series sit together.
Their favourite books/magazines are in the bedrooms, arranged the above way.
New books, KIV books, reference books and craft books are in common area, arranged in the same way.

Library books take a separate shelf.

Books they are not ready for or we do not like, are kept in a storage box and stored away. Books that used to be favourites but falling out of favour are also rotated out.

Outgrown books are donated regularly.
Last edited by cnimed on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 pm

:salute: deminc

the problem with book arrangement is the need to regularly put away books in the same order. So if you and the kids are regular, the main hurdle is the setup.

But since I am one of those - once in a way burst of enery to clean up kind, I have put DD books in one shelf and DS in another. Library books in a more accessible folder. As long as the books are put away in any order within their shelves , its ok.

The logic is the kids are willing to search a book they want, than spend time putting it away in a specific order. As long as it is withing their shelves , we can find it.

Of course the problem is my helper , who cant seem to stand books lying around quickly stuffs them into any of the book shelves and we go around in circles to find those.. :shrug:

Atleast once a year taking out the books they have out grown helps a lot...

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:00 pm

:lol: mine are all standing neatly on the shelves but ds's books are :faint: . he take one out and chuck ten back (dont ask me where he got the ten from).

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 am

my DS arranges all his books on his bed and he sleeps on the floor

on his pillow is his favorite book
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cnimed » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:00 pm

:lol:

So cute. And so nice of you to let him do it. It will be a lovely story to tell your grandchildren in future.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:my DS arranges all his books on his bed and he sleeps on the floor

And you allow him to?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:38 pm

jtoh wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:my DS arranges all his books on his bed and he sleeps on the floor

And you allow him to?

can't do anything about it...at one glance he sees all his academic stuff and hug his favorite book and smells it
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cnimed » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 am

verykiasu2010 wrote: hug his favorite book and smells it

:lol:

super-cute!
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jacketsodaly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 pm

I arrange according to fiction/non-fiction, English/Chinese, height, and for each child. Ocos books by the same authors or belonging to the same series sit together.
Their favourite books/magazines are in the bedrooms, arranged the above way.
New books, KIV books, reference books and craft books are in common area, arranged in the same way.

Library books take a separate shelf.

Books they are not ready for or we do not like, are kept in a storage box and stored away. Books that used to be favourites but falling out of favour are also rotated out.

Outgrown books are donated regularly.

I agree with you, thanks!

jacketsodaly
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Domestic Help