Karang Guni-urgent

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Karang Guni-urgent

Postby car118 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi everyone,
Am looking for karang guni man urgently.. Nwadays really difficult to c them honking floor by floor at hdb estate..am moving hse within a wk times but need to dispose ancient donkey years printers/laptop/cartons of used clothes/ sofa bed/ coffee table etc etc..wondering whether anyone know any KG man that can take these?.. Sure a waste to jus throw at the bin la.. Tkia

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Karang Guni-urgent

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:38 pm

How about trying cash converters if you cannot get a garang guni man?

Postby auntieM » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:03 pm

ksi wrote:How about trying cash converters if you cannot get a garang guni man?

Try cash converters at Bedok, they will come to your house just like garang guni and pay you.. Cashback is minimal, just like garang guni..
Pros is no need to get nagged at and there are a few employees around to help..

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 am

car118 wrote:Hi everyone,
Am looking for karang guni man urgently.. Nwadays really difficult to c them honking floor by floor at hdb estate..am moving hse within a wk times but need to dispose ancient donkey years printers/laptop/cartons of used clothes/ sofa bed/ coffee table etc etc.wondering whether anyone know any KG man that can take these?.. Sure a waste to jus throw at the bin la.. Tkia

auntieM wrote:Try cash converters at Bedok, they will come to your house just like garang guni and pay you.. Cashback is minimal, just like garang guni..
Pros is no need to get nagged at and there are a few employees around to help..

Cash Converter takes in only working printers (with CD driver) and working laptops.

They do not take in clothes, sofa and coffee table.

The sofa and coffee table is more suitable for The Salvation Army, assuming they are still in good condition and can be sold as second hand products. Salvation Army collects them from your place too, give them a call to check.

Postby jollyme » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:43 am

hi car118,

Karung Guni contact:
Mr. Chua
:smile:

jollyme
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby car118 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks everyone.. I tink I might go with salvation army.. Even though nw they charge u $60 for collection of bulky items but at least it can b recycle later n same time clear my loads all at once.

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby car118 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi everyone
Jus to let everyone one if u like salvation army to home pick bulky items, u ve to make appt wit them to come ur hse to access the items first then they will c whether when they ve slot to move.. Ding ding dong dong that will take abt 2wks so in th end I didn't go for them as I need it in a hurry. So I gave some to the movers watever they wan then rest ask town council disposal guys to help. At least dun go to waste.. This story tell me to do my homewk earlier next time..no last min!

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Anybody has experience selling their new or preloved items at Cash Converter? Are the prices offered reasonable? Tks

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:05 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Anybody has experience selling their new or preloved items at Cash Converter? Are the prices offered reasonable? Tks

The prices offered are horribly low!!! Better to sell in gumtree or other site,like this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/prelove ... oldstuffs/

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Domestic Help