Work permit renewal online

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Work permit renewal online

Postby carebear » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi, has anyone renewed your maid's work permit online before?
Do you need to buy the insurance prior to submitting the WP application?

I went to MOM website and these are the necessary things stated there:

1. The worker's Work Permit No. & Date of Application

2. The worker's Travel Document No./Passport No. & Expiry Date

3. The worker's Medical Examination Date & Results

Wrt no. 3, we have to get the result from the clinic which does the medical exam?

And then there is a declaration by the foreign worker on the 2nd page of the form MOM sent to us.
We don't have to fill that up if we are submitting the work permit renewal online, right?

TIA.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Work permit renewal online

Postby MMM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 pm

carebear wrote:Hi, has anyone renewed your maid's work permit online before?
Do you need to buy the insurance prior to submitting the WP application?

I went to MOM website and these are the necessary things stated there:

1. The worker's Work Permit No. & Date of Application

2. The worker's Travel Document No./Passport No. & Expiry Date

3. The worker's Medical Examination Date & Results

Wrt no. 3, we have to get the result from the clinic which does the medical exam?

And then there is a declaration by the foreign worker on the 2nd page of the form MOM sent to us.
We don't have to fill that up if we are submitting the work permit renewal online, right?

TIA.

Hi,

Yes, you've to buy the insurance before you can renew online. So far I usually get AIA insurance from my bil. Think it's 2-3 days leadtime for the insurance company to update. Once it is updated, it will be reflected in the wp online.

For medical checkup, I recalled it's earlier? Don't recall that I've to provide this information specifically during the renewal I did in July. I just made sure my maid has her medical checkup before due-date.

For the declaration, I think this needs to be provided when you collect the work permit. So don't misplace the form. The insurance co. also needs a copy as well.

The collection was quite a breeze too though I collected on saturday am. I had everything done within 15 mins.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby carebear » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks MMM. Then I had better get my maid to do her medical ASAP cos I received form a few days back.
Yup, I would continue with AIA.
As for the KTKLN card from Batam, I am unable to contact the person. From what I know, he has not been to Batam to do this before. Don't know whether to engage his services, or should I go myself. Just afraid to go alone, better to have a guy go, right? Unless we have a group of people going together........
What if I can't get hold of this person, do you want to arrange a time to go together?

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 pm

carebear wrote:Thanks MMM. Then I had better get my maid to do her medical ASAP cos I received form a few days back.
Yup, I would continue with AIA.
As for the KTKLN card from Batam, I am unable to contact the person. From what I know, he has not been to Batam to do this before. Don't know whether to engage his services, or should I go myself. Just afraid to go alone, better to have a guy go, right? Unless we have a group of people going together........
What if I can't get hold of this person, do you want to arrange a time to go together?

I've the same considerations too... I am uncomfortable with going alone as not familiar with the language, etc...

I spoke to my maid and showed her the list of places. She said that one of her maid friends told her that she took only 2 days to do so. But this involved queuing up early in the morning and for a long time. She has plans to go to jakarta and said that her cousin is staying near one of the centres and one of them works for maid agency so they are probably able to help her. Frankly I am contemplating... if we can get it settled before she goes back, I've peace of mind. But if this is going to be a uphill challenge, then probably she can manage to try to do this back home.

I was actually hoping to find some agent who provides such service.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby yeo88 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi,
I haven't done my WP online but if it is pure renewal, you may want to contact Budget maid. They do such service for $40. Thought it was quite worth it (when I did it 2 years back).

I am also in process of renewing my helper's visa but having a bit of headache now trying to juggle her passport renewal, WP expiry date and home leave...I am also worried about this KTKLN card...Hope she will manage to do it in Jakarta too...

yeo88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby carebear » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Oh, I am so stressed out about this KTKLN thingy too.
My maid lives so far away from the renewal office and I am just worried that she would change her mind about coming back.
I have to renew her work permit too.
Some maid agencies claim that if you can only renew the WP one month before expiry and that you will shortchanged if you renew it too early as they claim that renewal date will start on the day you renew.
This is not true as I have checked with MOM.
So long as you receive the renewal form you can renew but the security bond has to start one day after the WP expiry date for the WP to continue from its expiry date. So NTUC income is aware of this and I have applied insurance from them.
They will do WP renewal at $80 and the process takes 2 weeks so they advised us to renew on our own, which takes 5 working days.
After that will be the KTKLN , it is really nail biting.......
So much planning and effort involved.
My maid only leaving $600 with me and so far I have already spent more than that!

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yeo88 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 am

Carebear
Thanks for sharing. I thought I read on MOM website that we can only renew one month before expiry date of her WP. hence, I have requested for early renewal date on MOM website. Hope they get back to me soon. I haven't received MOM letter yet either.

yeo88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby carebear » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

yeo88 wrote:Carebear
Thanks for sharing. I thought I read on MOM website that we can only renew one month before expiry date of her WP. hence, I have requested for early renewal date on MOM website. Hope they get back to me soon. I haven't received MOM letter yet either.

MOM will send you the renewal letter 2 months before the expiry of WP.
Only then can you renew the WP.
You can email MOM , leave your number with them, and usually they will call you the next day.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yeo88 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 am

Ok. Thanks. Will do so. I haven't received MOM letter yet although her WP expires in mid december.

yeo88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby yeo88 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Carebear,
MOM just called and told me that they have sent the letter. Like you said, MOM confirmed that we can renew the WP as soon as we receive the letter. The person was really very polite. I was impressed by her professionalism:) Somehow I was misinformed by Maid agencies and some websites...Thanks for enlighting me and I am right behind you in the process! Have you completed yours? Any other tips? Eh Eh Eh...

yeo88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help