Need to know where to buy Borax or similar in Singapore?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Need to know where to buy Borax or similar in Singapore?

Postby simplejan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 am

Trying to DIY homemade recipes for cleansers.

Turns out that Borax (sodium borate) is a controlled poison in Singapore, so cannot buy it off the shelf. BUT many of the green cleaning recipes make use of borax as a key cleaning ingredient.

any advice?

simplejan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Need to know where to buy Borax or similar in Singapore?

Postby MadScientist » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 pm

simplejan wrote:Trying to DIY homemade recipes for cleansers.

Turns out that Borax (sodium borate) is a controlled poison in Singapore, so cannot buy it off the shelf. BUT many of the green cleaning recipes make use of borax as a key cleaning ingredient.

any advice?

You need a license to purchase it.

I use it in some of my experiments and as a controlled substance, it's use is also documented by the grams.

There are probably alternatives to sodium boric acid as the active ingredient is really the acid.

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby simplejan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 am

thanks for the FYI...

i think i will drop the borax idea :-)

simplejan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MadScientist » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 am

simplejan wrote:thanks for the FYI...

i think i will drop the borax idea :-)

I am not the best chemist around... but a chemist could help you out with an appropriate substitute.

Here's something off the search engines:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_goo ... _for_borax

It depends what you are looking to use the borax/substitute for.

In a common cleaning capacity, say, for laundry or general household cleaning (even opening drains) Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (or ANY brand washing soda, generally available at grocery or hardware stores) is a common substitute. Note that while washing soda isn't toxic like borax, it IS a strong enough cleaner that one must wear gloves while using it, however.

For the abrasive (scrubbing) effect of borax, use salt or baking soda--they aren't toxic.

Again, depending what one was seeking to use the borax for, numerous substitutes exist, including ammonia + boiling water (for chocolate stain removal), baking soda + boiling water (opening clogged drains), Bac-Out enzyme cleaner (pet smell/stains, chocolate, blood removal, cooking oil stains), vinegar (thousands of uses), even kitty litter, and other specific natural enzyme formulas.

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby JusticeBao » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm

What is that?

JusticeBao
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Chemicals supplier » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Hello, this is Tina from China, our company can supply large quantity borax if you are interested in, my contact ways: MOB: 86-13561521753, MSN: tinas0805@msn.cn; EMAIL: tinali@runzichem.cn

Chemicals supplier
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby concerned parent » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 pm

hi, my kid saw a utube video on how to make slime n one of d 'ingredients' is borax. but since borax is a controlled item, does anyone know of any substitutes? many thks...

concerned parent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zuvrick » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Borax is classified as a poison. That is simply NOT TRUE. The standard material safety criteria for toxicity is LD50 (Lethal Dose for 50% of test animals). Borax has a LD50 or 5000mg/kg body weight. That means that to be fatal for an 80 kg adult he/she must consume almost a helf kilogram of borax. For this reason there are almost no suicides using borax in the literature. Table salt (NaCl) is MORE toxic than borax at LD50 around 3000-4000mg/kg, so it is about 50% for toxic. It is easy to suicide on salt, 250 grams might do it.)

What is going on? The real reason is that there is an international conspiracy against Borax because if it were readily available and generally known what its real benefits are 30% of hospitals would empty out. Borax is a known CURE for osteoporosis, arthritis and many other bone diseases related to calcium deficiency. THEY (WHO, UN, Gov't, Big Pharma) choose to keep us in the dark and sell calcium-fortified products that are probably not doing anything good (or speeding up ageing). Boron is a mineral that is needed for proper metabolism of calcium. With a small dose of borax every day the calcium will return to bones. If you really want to read the truth on this see http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm. The author is a German biochemist who worked in Big Pharma for many years before becoming disgusted with this industry's lack of concern for curing diseases but obsessed with making huge profits over medicating symptoms for lengthy periods. Borax and kerosene are powerful and cheap healers and everyone should know about this (Kerosene and turpentine are superb cancer cures even at Stadium IV metastasis). I can get Borax in Indonesia, but it is also allegedly a controlled substance, but with a little coercion can be obtined at chemical supply shops where it is indeed stocked.

Just like salt, borax is mined from the earth. It is not produced in a factory. I have used it to also cure my own various skin diseases because it is a great fungicide. I had a fungus like dandruff in my outer ears for decades and found no drugs that could lick it. Dandruff is easily tamed wih a boxax solution rinse--feels nice like a conditioner. I also had a nagging itch on my buttocks that also would not respond to various pharmaceurical creams. Borax took it away. It is a fantastic material.

zuvrick
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rieko » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Borax similarly, you can buy online from Q0010 terro ant gel
Last edited by rieko on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rieko
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zuvrick » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Bloody stupid to class it as a poison. It is LESS toxic that NaCl (table salt), look up the LD50. They don't want you to know that you can take it as an arthritis and osteopososis cure. (http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm) I have taken it orally on and off for over two years.

But they put fluoride in the Singapore water, and it is now classified as a neurotoxin. "The movement to remove industrial sodium fluoride from the world’s water supply has been growing in recent years, with evidence coming out against the additive from several sources.

"Now, a report from the world’s oldest and most prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, has officially classified fluoride as a neurotoxin, in the same category as arsenic, lead and mercury." Link: http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/13130- ... toxin.html

Singaporeans should protest that.

The gov't follows WHO protocols, which are really part of Agenda 21 (population reduction).
I get Borax here in Indonesia, last time I bought a kilo for S$5 or so.

zuvrick ^at^ gmail

zuvrick
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Domestic Help