sporean married maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

sporean married maid

Postby LOLMum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm

i didnt know it is that easy and quick to get approval from mom for a local guy to marry a foreign maid.

maid's employer is local guy's friend and with a letter of blessings and support from employer, mom approved the grant within a week.

but dont think it is that simple with ica right?

日期:24/10/2011

新闻来源:新明日报

记者:陈莹纮 摄影:林成源

狮城男娶女佣 众弘善堂注册结婚

狮城男子,迎娶女佣,在众弘善堂注册结婚。

本地一名工地驾驶员陈祥龙(36岁)通过朋友介绍,认识一名来自印尼中爪哇的女佣萝亚蒂(26岁)。

陈祥龙说,萝亚蒂的雇主是他多年好友。他经常到他们家聊天时会看到萝亚蒂。不久后,他的好友和妻子就开始为他们牵红线。

“朋友撮合后,我开始注意萝亚蒂,觉得她很温柔又善解人意。她在照顾雇主的3个年幼孩子时很有耐心,而且做的菜也很好吃!”

陈祥龙说,他们在一起一年多,但单独约会的次数很少。“她必需工作,因此有时我会带她和雇主的3个小孩子出去玩。”

交往不久后,陈祥龙就萌起结婚念头,萝亚蒂的雇主也非常支持他们,帮他们写信到人力部申请让萝亚蒂和陈祥龙结婚。陈祥龙说,由于有雇主表示支持的信,人力部在一个星期内就批准他们的申请。

这对新人在前天晚上,在位于阿鲁慕甘路的众弘善堂举行结婚注册仪式,并将在明天到印尼去,后天在萝亚蒂的村里举办当地的传统婚礼。

完整报道,请翻阅24.10.2011《新明日报》。
Last edited by LOLMum on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: sporean married maid

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:48 pm

I am quite shocked by the MOM approval. But that does not mean long term pass for the maid / ex-maid from the ICA
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Was equally surprised also. Can liddat meh? I thought they are expressedly prohibited from marrying whilst they are here - else they will be barred from SG. Perhaps SG is so hard up for FT that anything also can.

Anyway, since they are sincerely intent on marrying each other, no problems. It's those phantom marriages that I'm dead against.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby phankao » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 pm

hquek wrote:Was equally surprised also. Can liddat meh? I thought they are expressedly prohibited from marrying whilst they are here - else they will be barred from SG. Perhaps SG is so hard up for FT that anything also can.

Anyway, since they are sincerely intent on marrying each other, no problems. It's those phantom marriages that I'm dead against.

I did n't read the chinese article. Does it say that the maid would lose her work permit in that writeup? What's the conditions of MOM's approval?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Went to kp at the MOM site. only states that FDW can only marry WITH the controller's consent. Since her marriage was approved, she can even give birth in SG. But the only thing I'm not sure if this will auto allow her long term pass in Singapore....this one probably have to go back to ICA.

"8. The foreign employee shall not go through any form of marriage or apply to marry under any law, religion,
custom or usage with a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident in or outside Singapore, without the prior
approval of the Controller, while the foreign employee holds a Work Permit, and also after the foreign
employee’s Work Permit has expired or has been cancelled or revoked.
9. If the foreign employee is a female foreign employee, the foreign employee shall not become pregnant or
deliver any child in Singapore during and after the validity period of her Work Permit, unless she is a Work
Permit holder who is already married to a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident with the approval of the
Controller."

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby hquek » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:59 pm

This one is quite interesting...I got all this from MOM's website (http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/service ... itions.pdf)

"The foreign employee shall not be involved in any illegal, immoral or undesirable activities, including breaking up families in Singapore."

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby nms1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

"The foreign employee shall not be involved in any illegal, immoral or undesirable activities, including breaking up families in Singapore."

How on earth did they put that into law - it's very vague....I suppose they assume that no maid would have the resources to hire a lawyer to fight any allegation. There are a lot of grey areas covered here.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby LOLMum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:57 pm

lots of grey area.

i wont be surprised if a few years later, the lady might be deny entry to singapore. there are so many cases mentioned in papers.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiddykiddy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 pm

had some distant relatives that did that. totally stained the family tree, IMHO. imagine the maid who once served you being part of your family? its just weird and... hmmms.

kiddykiddy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Cythialim » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:46 pm

I remembered when i was small, my friend's father was in very close relationship with the maid.
Think they are together but dont know if they are officially married.

Cythialim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Domestic Help