Renewal of contract without agent

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Renewal of contract without agent

Postby vividlaurel » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi,

I want to know if it is easy to renew the helper's contract without using an agent? My agent didn't respond to any of my complaints during the last two years and now when my helpher and me have agreed to renew the contract, we don't want to use the agent.

The last time I had a helper 8 years back, I did everything on my own (brought the helper from her home country and also renewed the permit online). But this time, had to use an agency due to the new rules.

So if anyone can tell me how to do this without using an agency, I'll be grateful.

Vividlaurel

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby ccelyn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 pm

vividlaurel wrote:Hi,

I want to know if it is easy to renew the helper's contract without using an agent? My agent didn't respond to any of my complaints during the last two years and now when my helpher and me have agreed to renew the contract, we don't want to use the agent.

The last time I had a helper 8 years back, I did everything on my own (brought the helper from her home country and also renewed the permit online). But this time, had to use an agency due to the new rules.

So if anyone can tell me how to do this without using an agency, I'll be grateful.

Vividlaurel


First, buy 26 months of insurance from any insurance company, even NTUC. Then on the next working day, go to
www.mom.gov.sg
-under their home page, click, 'Work Permit Online (WPOL) - For -Employers of Foreign Domestic Workers'
-login with your singpass.
- on left hand side panel, choose 'RENEW' then key in maid's work permit no and date of application which can be found on work permit card.
- then follow the instruction given.

ccelyn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby minami » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 pm

My phil maid is due for renewal in Jan also and she's not going home (i'm compensating her). Do we have to do up the contract in that case? I feel that the contract is useless anyway.

minami
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby vividlaurel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks ccelyn, will do it this way...

ccelyn wrote:First, buy 26 months of insurance from any insurance company, even NTUC. Then on the next working day, go to
http://www.mom.gov.sg
-under their home page, click, 'Work Permit Online (WPOL) - For -Employers of Foreign Domestic Workers'
-login with your singpass.
- on left hand side panel, choose 'RENEW' then key in maid's work permit no and date of application which can be found on work permit card.
- then follow the instruction given.

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby znzyzyzx » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:55 pm

minami wrote:My phil maid is due for renewal in Jan also and she's not going home (i'm compensating her). Do we have to do up the contract in that case? I feel that the contract is useless anyway.



If she is not going back for holiday, then there is no need to do any contract, just need to renew the work permit.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby minami » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:27 pm

znzyzyzx wrote:
minami wrote:My phil maid is due for renewal in Jan also and she's not going home (i'm compensating her). Do we have to do up the contract in that case? I feel that the contract is useless anyway.



If she is not going back for holiday, then there is no need to do any contract, just need to renew the work permit.


Thanks for the info!

minami
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby ccelyn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:03 pm

minami wrote:My phil maid is due for renewal in Jan also and she's not going home (i'm compensating her). Do we have to do up the contract in that case? I feel that the contract is useless anyway.


contract is strongly recommended by MOM. When there is a dispute re: off day and salary, MOM will base on contract to judge. Maid for first 2yrs may be good but after renew, they may (may only) be different, like requesting more off days, higher salary or longer hrs during off day. Can use the previous contract and edit it. i have a MOM recommended contract, can pm me if u want, i will email it to u.

ccelyn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby vividlaurel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Ccelyn,

I've just sent you a pm


ccelyn wrote:contract is strongly recommended by MOM. When there is a dispute re: off day and salary, MOM will base on contract to judge. Maid for first 2yrs may be good but after renew, they may (may only) be different, like requesting more off days, higher salary or longer hrs during off day. Can use the previous contract and edit it. i have a MOM recommended contract, can pm me if u want, i will email it to u.

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby parentof3 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi

What about the security bond? My maid passport left 1 year validity and we want to renew only 1 year contract but with a change of working address, as she'll be working in my MIL place. Can I buy 1 year insurance?

Thks

parentof3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Renewal of contract without agent

Postby minami » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:42 am

Hi ccelyn,

I've pm you, thanks.

I've already negotiated the new terms with my maid. I do agree that she may not be good, given that she's really a smart one, she might renegotiate halfway if there's no contract.

ccelyn wrote:contract is strongly recommended by MOM. When there is a dispute re: off day and salary, MOM will base on contract to judge. Maid for first 2yrs may be good but after renew, they may (may only) be different, like requesting more off days, higher salary or longer hrs during off day. Can use the previous contract and edit it. i have a MOM recommended contract, can pm me if u want, i will email it to u.

minami
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Domestic Help