Privcy slats for chain link fences

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Privcy slats for chain link fences

Postby Andaiz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Need some advice/pointers here.

We live in a "kampung" - sometimes it feels that way when the helpers shout out to one another - where the backyards are separated by chainlink fences. What makes it worse is that the backyard is back-to-back with the next lane i.e., I have effectively 5 other neigbours that are connected.

My neighbour on the right has recently put in some bamboo dividers on top of the chain-link fence.

Does anyone know where to get the privacy slate for chain link fences (see picture below)?

There is a very irritating maid who jabbers non-stop with my previous maid and she's really very bad influence. Works for a European couple who rents the place; and the entire maid community knows that she sneaks out when the baby is asleep.
Last edited by Andaiz on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Privay slate for chain link fences

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:48 pm

u can also use cheap bamboo chick to hand on it, looks nice too, get from arab street, wear and tear item, change it at every cny or christmas
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 am

Thanks, veryKS2010. The bamboo chicks do not withstand wear and tear very well leh. Especially with the rainy season.... :scratchhead:

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 am

Andaiz wrote:Thanks, veryKS2010. The bamboo chicks do not withstand wear and tear very well leh. Especially with the rainy season.... :scratchhead:

that is why need to change it yearly if want to look nice, okay at $20 to $30 a piece, 5 feet height

I am using it so I know
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:05 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:that is why need to change it yearly if want to look nice, okay at $20 to $30 a piece, 5 feet height

I am using it so I know

Ahh, now I see the point. Thanks.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:44 pm

I remember many years back my company engaged some outside party to put the green strips through the wire fence. Not cheap. It's very tedious manual work. Sorry, left that company long time liao so cannot share which contractor that was.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Domestic Help