LED TV? Must Get Those SMART LED?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

LED TV? Must Get Those SMART LED?

Postby Sniper Angel » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Which brand of LED TV is recommended? If we get those SMART LED what does it mean? Which brand is reliable? Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, Philips??

If we get from Best Denki, Harvey Norman & Courts advisable to get extended warranty?

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: LED TV? Must Get Those SMART LED?

Postby atrecord » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 am

Can go to hardwarezone.com forum to read all you need about TVs, but the info is really overwhelming... I haven't finished half and already got confused...

Am also looking for TVs for new place, and had asked the same question too.

I did not know what the SMART thingy mean initially. You should ask yourself whether you will find those features useful first before deciding whether you need the SMART thingy...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chu Liu Xiang » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 am

The trend now is to integrate 3D, internet, video conferencing, social networking, movie streaming and recording, interactivity etc into the traditional TV except that it cannot act like a computer

Thats why it's call SMART TV. I doubt traditional TVs can survive in a afew years time.

:imcool:

Chu Liu Xiang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MMM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:26 am

We just purchased a 40 inch LG smart LED TV. Just wanted to have a tv in our room to replace the historical bulky type as the remote is not working. We are sick of having to get off the bed to switch off the tv manually.... This lasted for a couple of months and we decided enough is enough : )

We are able to access internet from the tv. dh was exploring it but after 2 weeks, we seldom use internet on the tv since we've other tools such as laptop, ipad or iphone,etc... but it's a nice to have feature.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby titank » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:51 pm

40" are you refering to Samsung? I know LG maybe have is at 42".
Wow so good can surf internet on the TV? Any differences if connect a cable from laptop to TV?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:51 pm

40" are you refering to Samsung? I know LG maybe have is at 42".
Wow so good can surf internet on the TV? Any differences if connect a cable from laptop to TV?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 pm

titank wrote:40" are you refering to Samsung? I know LG maybe have is at 42".

Hi.... it is 42 inch LG.

Never try cable from laptop to TV...

But yes, can surf internet on tv.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Domestic Help