Jif/Cif

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Jif/Cif

Postby blueblue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 am

Anyone use cif/jif to wash plates? Can we use that to wash cutleries?

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Jif/Cif

Postby Hiaweh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:16 am

Cif is very caustic and can cause extreme dryness yo your skin. I only use it for stubborn stain. I would't use it for dishes as it uses more water to rinse off. Why don't you wanna use regular dishwashing liquid?

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:01 am

Hiaweh wrote:Cif is very caustic and can cause extreme dryness yo your skin. I only use it for stubborn stain. I would't use it for dishes as it uses more water to rinse off. Why don't you wanna use regular dishwashing liquid?

My mum does that. She also used it on pots and pans too. I have been telling her not to do it. She keeps telling me restaurants/hotels use it too. :slapshead:

Yesterday, she used it to wash our electric kettle. She only admitted it after I questioned her. I knew she used it coz there was a lemon cif taste in the water!

I tried searching in the internet and so far cif was used mainly for stubborn stains like you mentioned. I wanted to prove to her that it is harmful.

Now I feel like throwing away the cif and her hardware cleaners!

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:40 am

perhaps u r overreacting lah.

people use cif for pots and pans coz there will be stubborn stain resulted from direct heating. not so much for plates and cutleries. But she could be using it coz it gives this very soapy feel and the perception of a better cleaner. Just have to ensure she rinse it off with enough water after that, I guess.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsSeah » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 am

I feel it ok lah. My mom used it for stubborn stain on pot & pan.

At least your mom use Jif only. My late-MIL use breach (liquid for those white shirt) to soak our chopstick, spoon, plate & bowl!!!!! That time I almost faint and throw away all the cutlery. :(

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 am

MrsSeah wrote:I feel it ok lah. My mom used it for stubborn stain on pot & pan.

At least your mom use Jif only. My late-MIL use breach (liquid for those white shirt) to soak our chopstick, spoon, plate & bowl!!!!! That time I almost faint and throw away all the cutlery. :(

hahah...reminds me of a colleague who some yrs ago told me she very happy coz she finally found a way to remove the coffee/tea stain from her mug...using bleach.

I was like :yikes: . I told her that the stain is probably still there....just changed colour and property when combined with the bleach!!!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ppnqq » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 am

MrsSeah wrote: My late-MIL use breach (liquid for those white shirt) to soak our chopstick, spoon, plate & bowl!!!!! That time I almost faint and throw away all the cutlery. :(

:yikes: :faint:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Domestic Help