All about mops

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

All about mops

Postby YJL » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Have been using the traditional mop with bucket of water to mop floor. Sourcing around for alternatives to replace it for time-saving and effective cleaning. I'm thinking of getting Spin & Mop, however those steam mop, spray and mop looks good too. Please share What do you use to mop your floor daily? How often do you mop your floor? What floor detergent do you use. Thanks for sharing :smile:

YJL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All about mops

Postby peapot » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:27 pm

We ever used the Roman mop. Quite hard to reach corner. Now we spin type. Quite good floor dries quickly. But expensive when I bought it from DIY shop. Anyone Knows where to get cheaper ones let me know.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 am

I personally like Magic Clean wet mop, but it is rather expensive.
But considering it is disposable and don't need to wash, it saves time and water, so it may be about the same.

Have been maidless for the past 1 week as maid went on home leave,
and I have been using the Magic Clean dry and wet mop and it is really clean and saves time and energy.

My maid does not like the magic clean mop, so i bot her the 3M mop which she does not like either. As 50% of my flooring is parquet, i don't use the traditional mop, so my maid rather hand mop.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby needtoupdate » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:56 pm

self fix DIY {linked to cold storage} sells @ $59 taiwan made B Beituo 4 mop heads with bucket ,has press down stick that spins mop on mop container holder within the bucket.

ask your local hdb shop,they might have ? MIC types.

needtoupdate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby baby_bitsg » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 pm

needtoupdate wrote:self fix DIY {linked to cold storage} sells @ $59 taiwan made B Beituo 4 mop heads with bucket ,has press down stick that spins mop on mop container holder within the bucket.

ask your local hdb shop,they might have ? MIC types.

Homefix (Homefix building 19 Tai Seng Ave) is having their warehouse sales from 21st Dec to 26th Dec. The B Beituo with 4 mop heads & bucket (come with 1 year warranty) is selling for $39.90. Bought one today. There is limited stock of around 7 sets left when I was there at 5pm

baby_bitsg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Domestic Help