Honesty Maid Agency provided PREGNANT MAID!

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Honesty Maid Agency provided PREGNANT MAID!

Postby klearad » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Honesty Maid Agency Provided PREGNANT MAID!!

Agency owner said will contact employer the next day, but staff can't contact her.

Honesty maid agency located at toa payoh hub provides a maid who is already PREGNANT!

Return maid on 28 Dec, agency did not reply by 29 Dec, and did not send maid for medical check-up to check how many weeks pregnant and want to send her back.

Staff cannot provide maid's medical report (when asked when did maid did her last check up before joining the current employer)

Staff promised on 28 Dec that they will call by 29 Dec but noone call.

When employer called up, staff said can only liaise with owner Joanne as they cant make the decision. And Joanne cant be contacted whole day and noone can inform current employer on next step or provide medical check up

Maid has been deliberately telling lies to employer, that caused employer to believe that ah ma is overly suspicious. She will tell ah ma one thing, and cried to employer that ah ma scold her while telling employer another story. Most scary part is that she hid a handphone from employer, secretly messaging to her boyfriend on what to do with her pregnancy... Her boyfriend came to meet her secretly during daytime, outside employer's house. Maid will purposely tell ah ma that the guy is outside, then when employer asked her, she will said she did not say that.

Scary... And maid agency did not even contact employer. They can even said maid take pregnancy test, most likely pregnant. And will not send maid for medical check up, will send her back

klearad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Honesty Maid Agency provided PREGNANT MAID!

Postby twotwobravo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:22 pm

any update on the situation?

twotwobravo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby klearad » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm

1) sent the maid
2) paid for the maid's 22 days of service

Sigh

klearad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby twotwobravo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am

sian... waste time/money/effort.....

so the maid is preg before joining u?
and the agency is not helpful in the process?

agency provide free replacement right?
manage to select another one?

twotwobravo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby klearad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Ya she is preg prior to joining us. Apparently she had lied to us to go downstairs to buy stuff but could be using the opportunity to get medicine from her man to abort the child. She had 2 Hp which we allow her to use. When we discovered the 3rd Hp, we discovered that she was pregnant and she wrote something in her notebook that she will take off in feb 2012. Sigh we even trust her and doubt our mum. Turn out that she was the liar who caused my mum more distress.

Agency is disappointing as we can't reach the owner on the next day after we brought back the maid to agency. Owner's reason of not being contactable by her own staff was that - she was out exercising !

We were very disappointed, we terminate the agency contract

klearad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby twotwobravo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 pm

think the main problem from the maid.
and the i guess agency was not responsive and helpful to resolve the issue..

twotwobravo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Careermum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:03 am

Is the agency under CaseTrust? Can complain to CaseTrust abt their shoddy attitude. If not under casetrust, may be can still complain to MOM fto seek for a recourse.

Careermum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Janhui » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:58 pm

The first maid I got from Honesty Maid agency at Toa Payoh is underaged and I knew the actual age from the maid later. The agency know about it actually. I got a second maid from them and I found out from the maid later because she is a transfer maid and she has to top up her loan for being transferred but they do so by increasing her salary by $55/mth but told me it is indonesia's minimum wage requirement. Imagine that additional $55 x 24mths cost for me, the employer! What they are practising is totally contradicting to the "Honesty" agency name. The quality of the maids are sub-standard. My maid said the agent told her to push all the blame to her ex employer as reason of being transferred. So unethical!

Janhui
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Domestic Help