Maid 6 Mthly Medical Exam Report

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid 6 Mthly Medical Exam Report

Postby jojong » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Maid went to GP this morning to do her 6 mthly medical exam. Came back and told me that GP cannot do for her as it required chest x-ray

Is the chest x-ray report a new requirement?

Any clinic in woodlands/yishun/ang mo kio vicinity that can do the maid medical exam rpt that include x-ray services?

jojong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Maid 6 Mthly Medical Exam Report

Postby nms1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:21 am

jojong wrote:Maid went to GP this morning to do her 6 mthly medical exam. Came back and told me that GP cannot do for her as it required chest x-ray

Any clinic in woodlands/yishun/ang mo kio vicinity that can do the maid medical exam rpt that include x-ray services?

They will all be called for a chest x-ray every now & again but are you sure he wouldn't do it or did he just tell her she needed to go for an x-ray as well. Our GP will do the rest of the medical then refer her to a clinic for the x-ray.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jojong » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

nms1 wrote:
jojong wrote:Maid went to GP this morning to do her 6 mthly medical exam. Came back and told me that GP cannot do for her as it required chest x-ray

They will all be called for a chest x-ray every now & again but are you sure he wouldn't do it or did he just tell her she needed to go for an x-ray as well. Our GP will do the rest of the medical then refer her to a clinic for the x-ray.

Tks for the info. Maybe my maid told me wrongly.

I managed to find a clinic to do the medical exam including x-ray.

jojong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Careermum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:59 am

every 6 mths, the requirement is just VDRL & pregnancy test.

But usually when the maid completed 2 yrs, a more detailed check is required by MOM, need to do VDRL, HIV, CXR, pregnancy test.

This requirement has been ongoing for many years.

All GP can do the check up. GP clinics with no x ray facility can write a form to let the maid go to any x ray centre to do, then the GP will certify when the CXR results are sent to him.

Careermum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jojong » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 am

Careermum wrote:every 6 mths, the requirement is just VDRL & pregnancy test.

But usually when the maid completed 2 yrs, a more detailed check is required by MOM, need to do VDRL, HIV, CXR, pregnancy test.

This requirement has been ongoing for many years.

All GP can do the check up. GP clinics with no x ray facility can write a form to let the maid go to any x ray centre to do, then the GP will certify when the CXR results are sent to him.

Thanks for the info.

jojong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Domestic Help