Do u believe in color change ur mood?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Do u believe in color change ur mood?

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am

Hi All!
We r going to paint our house soon.I heard that particular color change our mood.So I googled.Different website gives different info.I saw in a website,
Kitchen & Toilets - Yellow cos it makes us happy
Bedroom - Purple -relax
Living Room - blue -peaceful

My DH doesn't prefer the yellow.He feels odd one.

Can anyone tell me what is ur experience or give color and mood info.Thanks in advance.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Do u believe in color change ur mood?

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 am

I confused with some websites.They give different explanation for same color.How to choose for particular rooms?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 am

Not only different website provides varied meanings on colours, different fengshui masters will also have differing views on colours. So think it really depends on what u believe. If you're into fengshui, then you might want to go for your fengshui master's recommendation.
I m also doing renovation now and I picked colours that I m comfortable in which is white. Only my gal room is lilac because she likes that colour. My fengshui master told me that lilac is consider a strong colour for my gal. I don't really care. I believe in fengshui but not 100%. As long as the colours make u personally happy, wouldn't it make you happy to be in your own personal space?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 am

Different people like different colors and even if the color is the same, we may perceive it differently from others in terms of the shades.

Norms and advice are just for general guidance.
Choose a color which you like, and it will make you happy and comfortable.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:40 am

peapot wrote:Not only different website provides varied meanings on colours, different fengshui masters will also have differing views on colours. So think it really depends on what u believe. If you're into fengshui, then you might want to go for your fengshui master's recommendation.
I m also doing renovation now and I picked colours that I m comfortable in which is white. Only my gal room is lilac because she likes that colour. My fengshui master told me that lilac is consider a strong colour for my gal. I don't really care. I believe in fengshui but not 100%. As long as the colours make u personally happy, wouldn't it make you happy to be in your own personal space?

agreed with you

the fundamental of fengshui is the make the environment "in peace & synergy" so that those who stay there feel good & comfortable. But some fengshui "master" would just do anything to get people to buy some of their expensive fengshui stuffs.

We too choose colours that we like and blend well with the furniture. We prefer light colours to make the home brighter and livelier.

We generally choose a shade of white, certain wall may be a of a darker colour to create some contrast (eg wall behind TV console). Bedrooms' get a slightly darker tone colour. We avoided darker colours as bedrooms' curtains are of a darker shade to block out the sun, so if wall are dark, curtain are dark, then whole bedroom will become super gloomy.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:53 am

thanks to all! really appreciate!

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:06 pm

smartmummy,
if you are into DIY fengshui, you can google and read up. in any case, colours is not a major portion of Fengshui.
for us, we opt for very light pink (almost white) in masterbedroom (for romance ma),
light blue for kids bedroom (calm colours) and light green for study room (calm colours too...and green good for eyes? lol...wishful thinking on our part :sweat:).
we stick to white for living room cos easier to coordinate with whichever colour of furniture we gonna buy at that time.
happy painting! :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:18 pm

oh thanks jedamum!

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

In prison talk... the Pink Room is where violent criminals are thrown into to make them calm. The Blue Room is the interrogation room. :wink:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby smartmummy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 pm

UncleLim wrote:In prison talk... the Pink Room is where violent criminals are thrown into to make them calm. The Blue Room is the interrogation room. :wink:

Good info, finally my DH and decided(not yet finalised) to paint pink for living room.Hmm......

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help